Unknown problembo

Herpderplol

BRRAAAAAAAAAPP
Aug 22, 2012
Dickinson, ND
finally got everything but my airbox, started it up and this is what it sounds like

i checked torque on head and base nuts

things we thought it could be
my dad thought it sounded like my brothers with a stock pipe. he suggested i ride it until its warm
im wondering if having 150psi is too high for 91 octane fuel
giz said to check rod play. but i dont want to do that first. i will order a gasket monday though

also, i put this in carb because there is no "sounds funny" section in engine.
and it fouled a plug in about 3-5 minutes. so idk what causes that, it was never a problem for me

that sounds horrible like something is hitting, either piston slap, the rod bouncing around on the crank, or the piston is hitting the head ?
i would not even start that again until you find what it is, to minimize damage

Reactions: motoman159
If my ears were hearing right its more of a ticking than anything? I'd say its the rod bearings or something hitting against the head or the piston is slapping the cylinder wall.

It don't sounds good though Herp. Better tear back into it.

That sounds very much like piston kissing the head.

Poke a bit of solder into the plug hole and see if it stops you turning the engine over.

blaaster was the closest.

the piston was hitting the head gasket that was sticking into the cylinder about 2mm. i could tell because it was bent

the base gasket looked like some thick stuff, hopefully it wont hit the head once i get an oem one on there

I didnt know there is different bore size head gaskets, I have one thats 68mm an I built engine about 3mths ago an it is knocking bad also, but i fired it an heard it an just rolled it back into garage its been there since, I though it was piston slap, but it didnt do it before rebuild, but i will pull head off an see. I was gonna tear all back down buy this would be nice to find