Two rebuilds...underway

That packing wasn't too bad, I've seen it look and feel like a solid black brick.

First heat cycle was a success. Took three kicks and started right up. Got a video of the motor so you guys can hear what it sounds like and so I can make sure you all think it sounds right. Sounds perfect to me, but just wanna make sure!

Did the third heat cycle already. Gonna let it sit for a few hours, do one more heat cycle, leak test, then use my high temp silicone and seal up the exhaust flange.

Already done now. It's way more of a pain in the ass than it needs to be if I have to silicone the flange, do heat cycles, take flange off and clean silicone, do leak test, silicone again...

All I can say in relation to a leaky flange seal, is to get a DMC. No more worries about leaking.

Have never known one to leak yet.

That still doesn't eliminate the problem I highlighted in the last post... Lol

The problem with using silicone with my flange and then breaking the motor in with heat cycles is that after the heat cycles I have to take the flange off and remove the silicone with a wire brush and then leak test and after the leak test add more silicone to the flange. With 24 hours being required between silicone and operating, that makes for a hell of a long heat cycle process lol