Two rebuilds...underway

DeJay1206

Sep 17, 2013
Leechburg, PA
I am in the process of installing a new crank in my girls blasty and rebuilding mine...here's the progress so far. Should have her motor back together with the new crank tonight..

My girls motor
i3ba4y.jpg

My motor
t7js6u.jpg

keep the posts comin as this progresses dejay.
i can't help but notice the girls engine got the cart and yours got the floor :)

wasn't your triple port engine just freshly rebuilt last season ?
why again ?

Reactions: DeJay1206
Yeah, mine got the floor. What'd you think...I'd get the cart?!

Reason for rebuild is that I was wot for a few miles and blew a hole in the piston. Checked it and found a few nuts missing from the head... Must have came loose after the heat cycles :(

Thought I torqued them properly...live and learn..right? My motor is getting checked out now..possibly need a bore. Not sure yet. I'll update when I know

well that sucks about the loose nuts
did you have the washers under them ?

well that sucks about the loose nuts
did you have the washers under them ?

Yeah, washer were under them. I must have not torqued it enough. Plus I didn't have anywhere to chop after the triple ports so I kinda guessed and threw in a 280 main. Found a place right by my house to do the chops and gonna get it done right this time. I upgraded to an F7 exhaust from my fmf so I gotta do the chops anyway. Throwing the fmf on my girls bike (maybe).

There is a great place out my way in russellton, to do carb jetting, long flat dirt straight away probably 1/4 mile or more long, an its safe an you can hang out an change jets all day, lmk when your ready an you can come on out

There is a great place out my way in russellton, to do carb jetting, long flat dirt straight away probably 1/4 mile or more long, an its safe an you can hang out an change jets all day, lmk when your ready an you can come on out

Awesome. I've heard there's good riding out in russelton. We gotta get together when all these bikes are running. You got a girl with a bike?

Yes sir lots of good riding, all around here, yes my wife has a built blaster with a flotek engine, an she also has a yz80, all my kids ride too, they got a built lt80, a built pw80, an kazuma 50 quad

Yeah, washer were under them. I must have not torqued it enough
Do you know the history of the engine, you may have done everything right, but if a PO had pulled them down too tight and stretched the threads, then they are going to come loose and you would have no say in it.

Do you know the history of the engine, you may have done everything right, but if a PO had pulled them down too tight and stretched the threads, then they are going to come loose and you would have no say in it.

Never thought of that. Does anyone know the thread pitch on the head? I have a tap and die set.

No good trying to re thread them, once they are stretched, they are stretched and beyond repair.

New studs and nuts the only option.

Got her together!

rbkzer.jpg

Lapped the flywheel to the new crank, took off the stock exhaust, upped main jet to 280 and installed the repacked fmf powercore 2. Gonna do the heat cycles within the next day or so and do some plug chops to make sure the 280 is correct.

Reactions: speedyslyder