twist or thumb?

thedirtyalien

Mar 4, 2009
ri
thinking about switching to a twist but then again i see people using the stock 1s and selling the twist throttles? which 1 is better (if it matters not much of a trail rider just sand pits and stuff let me know what yah think

I hate thumb throttle. but for quads I've heard bad things about twist......But try it for yourself, if you don't like it, you can always change it.

Some day I want to try a twist just to see what its like for myself.

i like the twist on my blaster. However, i wouldnt get the one vitos sells...you have to twist your wrist till its about to fall off.lol ...my 38mm PWK has a kx 250 twist throttle i use, and i really like that...

twist is ok but i bought a thumb throttle and new grips, ready to go back to thumb when i get the blaster home this weekend. if you want one, i have a nice condition(like just bought it before winter) motion pro twist. i cant use the grips so if you want some nice orange grips, can give you those too. there not solid orange, they look good.

i prefer thumb
makes left turns faster
when doing jumps its a whole lot easier

and where i ride i was lucky not 2 crash was on the shee and was screaming through the powerbands from 3rd to 4rth and there was a extremely steep hill with a tight turn at the bottom and a fence with barbed wire if you go straight on.
We usually drive down but i was going 2 fast and tried to brake suddenly the banshee kept accelerating due to my twisting the bars tryin to keep in control
the only thing that saved me was the fact that i gave it more power and powerslid out of the corner,needless to say i had to get a new pair of underwear.:-D

i like the twist throttle on mine.

Just make sure if you go twist you learn to hold on to the quad without twisting the throttle. I have seen a few people hit some bumps and while trying to hold on give it more throttle and wiping out.

i think im just going to try it but i might end up going back to thumb! curiosity killed the ''¿cat?'' and send me a pm of your prices for the twist shiped to 02910

i would stick with thumb i've seen a lot of accidents as to where people white knuckle "tightly grip" the twist throttle and the bike just takes of high speed and drags the rider.

OK, but what I don't get is why don't people have these type of mishaps on motorcycles? You don't see thumb throttles on too many of those...
I had a LT250R way back in the day, and I put a twist on it. I'll do my Blaster too when I get a new carb. I hate thumb throttles.

i can use a twist just fine.. i just perfer thumb.. especially when your bike is set up so it dont idle, it sucks trying to slow down using both breaks and bark the throttle to keep it running... fkn adjuster is fked up so i can adjust it to idle yet

hmmm why you find it so bizaar to want a thumb throttle on a dirtbike??
i dint it crazy someone wants to put a twist throttle on a quad...

I would rather have a twist but if you trail ride and go over a rough part in the trial i have found that it is hard to control the postition of the throttle but twist is real nice for cold wheather no soar thumbsI:I