Tusk clutch install

BlasterPat

Jan 8, 2016
New Jersey
Ok guys so I received my tusk clutch kit the other day and It came with 7 friction plates my question is that one of the friction plates have a larger inside diameter the the other 6, I know about the wavy washer and am not gonna use it, but do I still use the one friction plate with the larger inside diameter if I am not using the wavy washer. Or do I only use that friction plate if I decided to use the wavy washer? Also do I have to take off the clutch cable and take out the bolts and washers if I'm only changing the friction plates and steelies or just take off the springs, front basket and replace?

you only remove the springs/bolts and pressure plate to replace clutch.
soak all fibers overnight in whatever trans oil/fluid you plan to use to fill the trans/clutch with.

just leave the wavy washer out and put that smaller inner diameter fiber in the second spot out (full size fiber first, then steel, then that fiber in second fiber position) and so on ending with a fiber.

you can also use one of your old full size fibers in place of the smaller one, if they're not that bad or worn beyond the specs found in the manual, download here > http://www.blasterforum.com/threads...ervice-and-owner-manuals-free-download.17325/

the KOR assembly vids show clutch install (part 3), and I'm sure ken leaves out the wavy nonsense. this vid also shows the proper way to adjust the inner rod, which you will need to do when installing a new clutch
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/kor-engine-assembly-vids-no-crank-puller-needed.51169/

Reactions: bummer981
Ok I'd like to use all the new ones so using the larger inner diameter ring for the second friction plate won't cause any problems at all? Also I ordered about 7 new ball bearing should I add a new one to be safe ?

the wavey washer is only to ease clutch engagement for inexperienced riders,
the fiber will function as it should, with or without it.

new ball bearing will be fine also

the wavey washer is only to ease clutch engagement for inexperienced riders,
the fiber will function as it should, with or without it.

new ball bearing will be fine also

Sweet thx awk always look far word to your response so the one fiber plate is kinda like a universal type configuration for the blaster. Whether how you use it is up to the rider. Also I heard that sometimes using all old springs can cause your clutch not to bite as hard so imma use all the new springs also and just let em break in.

I have learned so much from this forum I will becoming a supporter soon I have saved so much by diy it would feel wrong not to support lol. Also I'm getting a new blaster Thursday and this one will be my spare experiment bike. :) thx a mill

Reactions: Awk08