Turbo crank cases porting

Welding or turboing your crank case will dramatically increase your performance but will make your powerband razor sharp, in other words majority of the time you wont be using it unless you racing. for trail use its a bad idea as most of the time you will be out of the powerband.

"i dont see th point in knife edgeing a blaster crank. its not a 4 stroke engine with the crank dipping into a pool of engine oil. its only going through the air down there. and if it is going through liquid then somethings broken. might as well get one of those tornado inserts for the airduct"

I agree, a 2 stroke crank should not be dipped in anything and if it is, there's trouble! But the question is can tapering the crank "push" the charge up the transfer ports faster allowing high over-rev and a better scavenge.

The question is simply, do it and report back. I'd love a cheap crank mod that gave it more throttle response and maybe a HP or two.

"It seems to me that "knife-edging" the crank on a banshee, would cause a reduction in the primary crankcase compression ratio?? More "material" that's not "there" to fill in that amount of "volume" down there. You know?? "

There's the other side of the arguement and one you can purchase a piece to test out. Vito's sells their cranks now with the blue stuffer blocks for that reason. It stands to reason that the less volume you have to fill the faster you can do it. Short of not having enough charge in the crankcase at TDC to fill the top end during scavenge, the less fluid you have to slosh around in the bottom end only to NOT be sucked into the cylinder the more power you can put out and the crisper the throttle response.

dude do you know how to quote? you can click the button underneath the post that says quote on it. but anyway if you were to reduce the rotating mass it should rev a lot faster