tuning

dhi

Apr 28, 2010
we rebuilt a blaster last summer with a top end i bought from yes ser. It has been ported and polished with booster ports, fmf fatty, cobra silencer, vitos high compression gaskets, vf2's, vitos jet kit, k&n filter with open air box. He was running a 28mm carb but i have stock on it but if i run anything but stock jets it acts rich? It also gets wet around exhaust flange? With any of the vitos jets it has no bottom end but will haul ass wide open? It has alot of power with stock jets but every once in a while you have to play with throttle to get powerband to come in?

Just my opinion but i'd replace those vito's gaskets with cometic or O.E.M., members will tell you the vito's are sh*t. I'd also trade out the K&N for a UNI, the K&N will suck small particles into your motor. With your engine mods I would think 33-35mm carb people here like Keihin but a Mikuni TM would also be a good choice. Then search jetting here, there are plenty of threads.

we rebuilt a blaster last summer with a top end i bought from yes ser. It has been ported and polished with booster ports, fmf fatty, cobra silencer, vitos high compression gaskets, vf2's, vitos jet kit, k&n filter with open air box. He was running a 28mm carb but i have stock on it but if i run anything but stock jets it acts rich? It also gets wet around exhaust flange? With any of the vitos jets it has no bottom end but will haul ass wide open? It has alot of power with stock jets but every once in a while you have to play with throttle to get powerband to come in?

What do you mean "stock" jets........like a 230 main? No way.........with your setup, you should be running AT LEAST a 300+ main jet. Are you running the stock needle or Vito's needle?

who did the porting because if the exhaust port was raised too much it will have nothing on the bottom and just screem on the top, also do you mean boost ports in the intake to the boysens? or you talking tripple exhaust ports?

flo-tek did the porting and polishing. The head has also been shaved and redesigned. I run 93 and amsoil. The booster ports are in the jug beside intake ports i believe. I tried both needles and moved the clip around but didnt seem to help.

Stock carb? on ported piped motor you should be around 280-300 main, and needle on the middle (3rd clip) pilot 32.5 air screw 1.5 -2 turns out. Do not use Vito's jets, buy stock minkuni jets only! And air leak test that bad boy before ya ruin that nice set-up. Also adjust the float in the carb to specs 20-21.5mm before you try and jet it or it will be a waste of time!

thanks alot! wud doing a 3 degree timing advance help? are the tusk clutch kits any good?

tried vitos and stock needle and did same with both. its got 22 inch tires on back? 230 jet