trx250r rear shock bottom mounting?

nd jat

Aug 10, 2008
mandan ND
Well I got a trx250r shock for a good price, But I'd like to put a bushing in the bottom mount. There is more play there then I'd like. :eek:
What size tubing would work best for this that others have tried?
And would I be better to use copper or brass or maybe some other metal? :-/

Well I think I found a few options that I'll be testing out.
Found some nylon bushings that fit in the shock ear mount snugly. I reamed out to fit the stock pin thru.
Thinking that they won't hold up long, But would like a more permanent or longer lasting solution.

I know Blaner did some thing similar on his 400ex shock, But I'm not able to find his posts as to what he did or tubing sizes he used.

Quadrider gave a link to site that had varies bushings that I've looked into and probably will get a few sample bushings to try.

McMaster-Carr

They even have metric sizes and standard sizes, And may give you options for custom applications.

i've run almost every rear shock there is...250r/450r/works/elka
just drill the mounts and shock out to the next available size, s.a.e or metric,
pin or bolt/nut
use the proper drill bit to do it with, and there will be no problems

Awk That is an option, But my main concern is that the ears will wear quick for the lack of wear surface. It's nice to have something that will take up the wear in place of softer metal that's not so easily replaced.
Were I do most of my riding there is a lot of sand and mudd, All of which tend to wear things faster that pivot and are exposed some what to these elements.
2nd I dislike moding stuff out of stock capacity if I decide to go back to stock. Crip I still got all my stock parts for my machine, Other than heavy wear items like chains, tires etc.