True bolt on 240 kit

Budget_Blaster

Dec 25, 2009
Illinois
Who makes a true bolt on quality big bore kit?my bottom end is all new as well as my top end so my engine as of now is sound.im wanting a top end kit so i can literally just bolt on and go but quality and longevity is a must so who makes what from the lowest budget crap all the way to top of the line?

Ive listened to a guy at work about his 250R all i can so when it gets warm he wants to embarass my blaster and i want to atleast be prepared.with my current mods in addition to the 240BB can i take a fully built 250R or am i going to get spanked?

Hes running an fmf exhaust fatty i belive,rad valve,shaved head,a heavily modded keihin carb and thats about all hes saying but another coworker says he beat him with his 660R so i dont know.what you guys think?

first off you will get spanked... the general bbk used around here are vitos, who get alot of crap from people around here i have one havent tested it yet so ill judge whether its good or not and LA sleeve is the other the LA sleeve looks a little better mainly because of the addition of the cr250 intake and reeds... these are the only two you need look into. the ct racing or f7 airsail kits that are 1000+ dollars are the same as the LA sleeve kit for a lil over 500...

ps... what does a heavily modded keihin carb entail?

I'm not sure if your going to beat a 250r easy. You may have to max out your motor to have a shot at beating him. Stroked crank,ported big bore,pipe,clutch and very good skills.

keeping up with the 250r will be difficult unless you can really out ride him.

but the best quality/power wise and will actually be cheaper is the LA sleeve kit. that one comes with a forged piston (good idea) versus the mediocre (being polite) in quality vito's cast piston. You'll need a 35 or 36mm carb for that as well, it comes with a reed cage and intake for the CR style cage.

i'd do that, +4 crank with the long rod, and a good port, with matched pipe if you wanna really compete with that 250r

A stock Honda 250R is good for 33 to 36 HP and a older stock 660 raptor is good for 38 HP and a stock blaster is good for 17 HP, BUT CT Sonic 240 big bore With the right pipe & silencer & 36mm carb is good for about 40 HPI:I
And if you go add a stroker you may get about 5 more HP
NEW2024020CYL_.gif

Well....

Damn thats not what i wanted to hear.so none of the kits like vitos are worth a damn?are they a noticeable improvement even though i wont be running down this guys 250R?what will say the vitos or similar kits make for power?i have no intentions of spending 1000+ on a blaster engine id buy a banshee before that in hopes of bragging rights but i do want more power and have about all your normal bolt ons and figure its a waste to keep throwing bolts ons on it without increasing displacement.

As for the carb question of whats heavily modded entail i guess hes sent the carb off for internal mods what not.im guessing its similar to whats popular for my kdx and thats done by ron black.ive seen the quad and it looks and sounds bad ass but my buddies 03 raptor beat him by a couple of lengths from what i hear.

vito's advertises 32. the LA sleeve will get you closer to 40. this is with stock stroke and no porting.

the vito's is a noticeable increase, but a ported stock bore motor would still walk it

Good to know.i think for what and where we ride the vitos will do just fine actually but i dont like the idea of a cast piston.

My next question is can you get the vitos with a forged piston as an alternative to thr cast?or are you stuck with cast unless ordering aftermarket?id prefer the forged piston or atleast a hyper.

a vitos is about 560 and the la sleeve bbk is like 590 so tell me why you wouldnt spend the extra thirty for a way better bbk

plus you get the reeds and the intake boot with the la sleeve kit
add in another $125 for v force reeds for the vitos (to be comparable to the 25o reedsa) and a $100 or more for a forged piston and your way over the price of the la sleeve kit.

i will be putting my la sleeve motor together in about 4 weeks. just putting it on a stock stroke motor. i am actually quite pleased with the way the stock motor runs with a 30mm oko and a f7 pipe, so almost doubling the hp with the la sleeve kit will be sweet!!!

Ok so wait a second i cant use the vf3s i have now with the la sleeve kit?

Im looking to keep my current mods so what will work with the la kit as far as mods that i already have.

No u cant use v force reeds for a blaster in the la sleeve kit. It uses cr250 reeds. I said you should get v force reeds for the vito kit to better match the larger cr250 reeds from the la sleeve kit.

Ok so wait a second i cant use the vf3s i have now with the la sleeve kit?

Im looking to keep my current mods so what will work with the la kit as far as mods that i already have.
only think that wont work with the la kit is the vf3,s but it wont matter as that kit comes with a set of much better cr 250 reeds