trenga exhaust!

thedirtyalien

Mar 4, 2009
ri
i wanted to know if theyre worth anithing??? im trading my stock exhaust and giving 200 for it its a side exhaust and it says lrd on it ??? i dont know much about it ! is it beter than phantom or fmf at least?? im doing it today but if i hear bad news ill have to say no let me know please and thnx

ok i got it!!! im soopt it looks sexy i havnt put it on yet tho. im kinda confused now tho do i buy all those kind u guys said "260-270-280-290 and a 300 " and try them or can i just pick and choose and what do they actually do?

pics!
SSPX0102.jpg

SSPX0103.jpg

its pretty sexy if u ask me!

nvm i got it im kinda slow main jet to a 280 ... i have no lid and a k&n filter so i shud be good i hope and that jets r us site helped thnx everyone but if i am wrong with the jet size lmk thnx and do i need to touch that pilot jet thing>?

what kind of carb is stock ? kehin or the mugin or watever the guys at yamaha said theres 2 diferent ones im putting pics up incase there are diff. ones. and do u guys think i can go riding with out jetting it?

the stock carb is a 26mm Mikuni. you should get jets ranging from 240-280. even a 280 is huge for just a pipe and filter. i know people with motor work not even running a 300. you have to remember that jetting is different everywhere you go. Kennedy_power in MI is my builder and the jetting he uses for one set up is not going to be the same as the jetting i use for the exact same set up in CA. jetting is a trial and error process.

Weather altitude and temperature can all play major rolls in jetting. Most of this is caused because of oxygen density in the air. as a general rule the colder it is the more dense the air is. Same with altitude the closer you are to sea level (or below) the denser the air. And then you have humidity and a bunch of other stuff that can effect it.