travis pastrana going to nascar?

tjsdaname

Oct 17, 2007
IA
looks like he will be racing NASCAR for 2011. it's gonna be epic to see him!

Last edited by a moderator:
CRAPCAR is for fags that can't race real cars. This is an eyesore for Pastrana...who has been mildly successful in other racing but just proves that anybody can hop in a CRAPCAR and race because it really take no real talent to do compared to ALMS, F1, WRC, SCCA, BTCC, DTM, etc. I'm sorry, but CRAPCAR is just a disgrace to real racing. How much talent does it take to go to Talledega and just keep your foot on the floor board and turn left.......not a whole hell of a lot.

CRAPCAR is for fags that can't race real cars. This is an eyesore for Pastrana...who has been mildly successful in other racing but just proves that anybody can hop in a CRAPCAR and race because it really take no real talent to do compared to ALMS, F1, WRC, SCCA, BTCC, DTM, etc. I'm sorry, but CRAPCAR is just a disgrace to real racing. How much talent does it take to go to Talledega and just keep your foot on the floor board and turn left.......not a whole hell of a lot.

I guess you have tried it huh?? Sure F1 and all that jazz make more turns big deal. At the end of the day its still racing, trying to win and passing people correct? I don't see a difference in the 2. Pretty sure people were racing regular cars on the beach back in the day at daytona and those were "real" cars.

hahaha "crapcar" not my thing at all but eh whatever makes the guy happy. i cant wait for all teh big nascar fans to see this thread and get all major butt hurt lololol :D

He's only going into the nationwide series so he's not running with the big dogs haha. I doubt he will last more than a year, this doesn't seem to be his style. Nascar has gone down hill fast in the last 6 years and its getting hard to watch.

most Nascar drivers are hating the idea... lets just see how far he makes it. Im betting he wont last a year. A driver with real talent and no fear is the other drivers worst fear

i agree most people who watch all types of racing think nascar is so easy. pastrana said it in the video, its easy to drive the car around a circle track. but do it with some of the best drivers. it may look easy to you guys, but its not. try going 200mph with cars 6 inches from touching you on all sides. and then try to pass people in that situation. i've done it on a race go kart at 60-70mph and its not easy there. a nascar is 5x the size, your not centered in the car, and your going at multiples of that speed. not only that, but with bearly any power steering, going for hours straight.

Nascar is boring to me, but i hate when people say its the easiest sport in the world.

i doubt pastrana makes it anywhere without pissing other drivers off by being careless and stupid

the guy is good at basically anything he tries, if he isnt good, he damn near kills himslef trying till he is good

he is gunna be fas and wreckless, should be interesting to watch for sure

I guess you have tried it huh?? Sure F1 and all that jazz make more turns big deal. At the end of the day its still racing, trying to win and passing people correct? I don't see a difference in the 2. Pretty sure people were racing regular cars on the beach back in the day at daytona and those were "real" cars.

What? Tried CRAPCAR?.....no. Tried going around an oval at 160ish mph.......yea.......it's easy. F1 makes more turns.....makes turns both ways.....makes turns at varying entry and exit speeds......actually uses brakes....at different braking points......actually shifts up and down multiple times each lap into and out of these turns......and oh yea....they are also trying to pass people that are jockeying around their ass at a much faster pace including cutting them off into corners and getting around any way possible. It's also hilarious when all the losers in CRAPCAR go to a roadrace and they hire in some outside racers with roadracing experience to race....that sh*t is just hilarious and basically an admission of how pathetic their driving ability is. I think Jan Magnussen made his first career start in CRAPCAR last year at one of the road races and was running in the top 5 before he had car trouble or something....that's just hilarious.....a guy with no experience in a CRAPCAR....steps in......and is running in the top 5.

And CRAPCAR isn't "stock" cars which just makes the "sport" even more of a joke than it already is. They all ride with tubular chassis and engines that resemble nothing of their factory counterparts. Same can be said of F1 but F1 is ridiculously faster and puts a CRAPCAR to shame with technology and it's open wheeled. However, SCCA, ALMS, DTM, BTCC, WRC.......all are based off of "stock" factory platforms and engine blocks that are then modified for racing and/or to meet regulations.

The only people that watch CRAPCAR are the people that haven't watched other racing......or the fat hick types that just like listening to that annoying southern twang on TV with a whole bunch of beer commercials. It's just mindless.

when nascar and indy/f1 do the same tracks like walkins glen and sears point, isn't the open wheel cars like 20 seconds faster around the track?

i will say, the true racing is the le mans 24 hour races. where you do road tracks and race for more than 4 hours.

when nascar and indy/f1 do the same tracks like walkins glen and sears point, isn't the open wheel cars like 20 seconds faster around the track?

i will say, the true racing is the le mans 24 hour races. where you do road tracks and race for more than 4 hours.

It's incredible how those cars survive that abuse for 24 hours. :eek: F1 hasn't raced in the US since Indy for a decent while(2007?). The last I checked they are making a new track near Houston to host an F1 race in the future.......somebody's got major $$$. Hard saying how fast F1 cars are to CRAPCARs since they haven't raced on a similar surface in quite a while and it depends on the track, but 20 seconds sounds about right. F1 cars are quite a bit faster than IRL cars as well since they are lighter, more powerful, and more technologically advanced. The old ALMS GT1 cars are slightly faster than CRAPCARs and the GT2s...for now....are slightly slower......not bad considering GT2 cars only have 450-500ish hp.

I'm an AVID fan of the ALMS and go to Mid-Ohio every year to watch/help out if needed. I've made a few trips to Sebring as well and was down there for the Bergmeister/Melo shootout. I:I You should of seen the Porsche guys. :D And it's Por-shuh.....not Porsh you silly americans you.

Last edited by a moderator: