Transmission "sticking"

Blasito

Apr 17, 2012
NJ
so it seems my trans isnt shifting perfectly... it shifts, but i feel like its not springing back to a "neutral" position between gears because sometimes i have to pull it back just a bit before i can shift to my next gear. wondering if anyone has ever come across this situation and possibly found out the problem and/or a fix. Thanks fellas.

so it seems my trans isnt shifting perfectly... it shifts, but i feel like its not springing back to a "neutral" position between gears because sometimes i have to pull it back just a bit before i can shift to my next gear. wondering if anyone has ever come across this situation and possibly found out the problem and/or a fix. Thanks fellas.

there is a 2 pronged spring on the shift shaft that returns it to it's nuetral position, it's on the end near the shift star
if it doesn't return to nuetral it will not shift properly to the next gear, up or down.
it's possible the spring has gotten weak, or is out of place.
last time i tried to remedy it, a new shift shaft was the only cure

Reactions: Blasito
I appreciate the help guys. I'll look into it this week and post up what I find. Thanks

slowly but surely creeping out of my hibernation cave guys, gonna be looking at it this week, hoping its just a spring out of place, but ill keep ya posted and again, thanks for the help. Hope your winter wasnt as crappy as mine. :D

slowly but surely creeping out of my hibernation cave guys, gonna be looking at it this week, hoping its just a spring out of place, but ill keep ya posted and again, thanks for the help. Hope your winter wasnt as crappy as mine. :D

No, it was crappier!! Thanks for asking tho :p Below avg temps for Great Lakes Basin.

Better get crackin, almost time to ride.

Geez, almost half a year later.