transmission problem

Davith

Aug 13, 2012
Farmville NC
hey im new to the blaster forum since i just got one i decided to join and learn a lil about them....im having a problem with my transmission, the gears were feeling a lil rough wen putting them im, i changed the gear oil in it with some yamalube gear oil n now the gears feel ok but it feels like if it would to be slipping do yall think its time for a new clutch??

if it feels like it's slipping .....i'd say for $30 sum bucks a new clutch is a good start

yeah wen i put the gear in n give it gas it sort of feels like it revs up a lil more than it moves i really dont know how to explain but its like the gear goes in n it takes it a lil to catch @ iLikeIke
OK thnx @ Awk08
the reason i ask all this is because i had read a thread talking about using the right kind of oil if not it would slip idk if this is the case or i just need a clutch

yeah wen i put the gear in n give it gas it sort of feels like it revs up a lil more than it moves i really dont know how to explain but its like the gear goes in n it takes it a lil to catch..
the reason i ask all this is because i had read a thread talking about using the right kind of oil if not it would slip idk if this is the case or i just need a clutch

yeah wen i put the gear in n give it gas it sort of feels like it revs up a lil more than it moves i really dont know how to explain but its like the gear goes in n it takes it a lil to catch..

That definitely sounds like clutch slip to me, a friend of mine has a blasty that did this, he changed the clutch pads and put in 10w30 engine oil (no additives) rather than gear oil and there have been no problems since.