Trail riding and sprocket size?

JWjite

Sep 7, 2011
Melbourne Florida
I purchased my blaster used with no motor and it came with some 18" tires that are like new so I want to use them. I know that I need to run a new chain and sprockets becouse of the fact its a new used motor I just need some help picking the size of the front and rear sprocket. I plan on running this blasty mostly on trails with a few long straights and alot of turns and woops (I hope that is the term) and jumps. I also want to learn to wheelie becouse it just looks fun! There will be a few bigger quads out there so I would like to spank them in these tight trails if I could loose them in the turns they may not catch me in the straights. What are you guys running for these type of conditions with the little tires?

little tires mean more lower end but loose topend speed. the best mix is 20's i run 22's and ride similar trails. But a 14/40 set up would be good so you could ge a lil more on top but still have bottom end.

With 18s, Id even prolly run more rear too. 14/40 is great with 20s. With 18s Id say 14/39 would prolly be good.

I made a gearing calculator thats a sticky on the forum, that you can play with to determine in theory the changes and how the affect you.