Tow/Haul Quick Fix

So when I went to work this morning my Z71 went into tow haul mode all by its self. The button to engage it is on the gear shift. I pushed it and nothing. Im was half asleep still thinking WTF. Anyways I pulled my gear shift off and its a tiny orange wire that activates it. I looks like it had broke probably just from years of shifting and the wire being so tiny. If this has happened to you or does here is a quick cheap fix. I just traced the wire down the steering column under the dash and snipped it. Then I got some spare diamond plate and a toggle switch and mounted it to my console. Ran a wire from the orange wire to the toggle and it works good as new. Now I wont have to worry about the movement in the steering column and gear shift breaking it again. Plus i think just about all of us are looking for a good reason to put shinny stuff and toggle switches on our trucks lol. I cut a big enough piece of diamond plate to add a few switches if I need them later

IMG_20111121_165752.jpg

nice save bro !!!!!
does the other side of the toggle get grounded ????

Cool stuff my blaster don't have a key so im thinking about adding a switch as the on and off you know how i could do it? Sorry im not trying to take over your thread.

Nope no ground I forgot to mention that when i opened up the orange wire it was actually 2 wires. I just ran one wire to each terminal no ground like when i ran an air horn on my sammi. The cool thing is that you flip it up and it enages to disengage it you flip it down then back up, so you can keep it engaged/disengaged with the toggle in the down position . Dont have to worry about bumping it with your leg while you driving.