TORS ?

Nitram88

Sep 17, 2015
Iowa
I Have a couple questions about TORS excuse me if I'm asking Newb questions but I couldn't find much info.

1. Do I have to delete TORS or what is the advantage to deleting it vs disabling it?

2. If I delete TORS why do I need a new idle screw isn't it already on the carb?

Just curious because I have to pull the carb off and check the needle and float (overflow leaks) and figured now would be a good time to delete the TORS while I'm there if I need to.

You don't have to get a new idle screw but it is a lot better than the one on top of the big tors brick that so often doesn't work/strips.

You don't HAVE to delete the tors......at least yet. It malfunctions A LOT so it's better to delete it than have it happen on the trails and just bog out when giving it any throttle.

If you have an 88-02 simply just unplug the tors and you're done. 03-06 you have to cut the tors wires and splice them together. Putting a new idle screw in is optional but a very very good idea and too easy.

Reactions: jus_me
You don't have to delete the tors system but it can get screwed up and make your quad run like crap. I deleted mine and its nice because its easy to get the carb out now that i don't have that big box on top. The idle screw is on top of that box. That's why you have to get the idle screw. You will have to drill and tap your carb also for the screw.

Reactions: jus_me