Tors idle adjustment problem

Dschade

Feb 24, 2019
Hey everyone, new here to blasterforums! I have a problem. I tried searching for it but couldn't come up with anything.

The problem I have after I rebuilt the carburetor. I put the carb on the bike and routed the throttle cable the same way as it was. Now it revs up (my guess sounds like 1600-2000 rpms) high. Sometimes it will just rev higher by itself.

Well when I try to adjust the idle screw on the tors, it doesn't do anything? But I can adjust it so the idle is higher but when I turn the screw all the way down, there's no difference? I'm not sure what I should do? I looked over the carburetor and I think the cap might be stripped. It's hard to get on and when I finger tight it, it would slip and loosen up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Did you set the air screw on side of the carb?
Should be a thread telling how. Should be at about 1 1/2 turns from lightly seated. I'll presume you set float level?

You really should consider doing a leak down test. Highly recommend maintenance item. The youngest blaster is 13.

Yea it's leaking at the cap. I already did a leak down test. When I rebuilt the carb, it came with a flat o ring. Does that go under the cap? or under the other piece under the cap?

Also it was only reving up cause the leak at the cap. It don't erratically rev up now. It idles at about 1600 or a little more. The idle screw just won't work. It should bog down when turned all the way out. The only thing the idle screw does is raise the idle.

I have the carb air screw set to 1-1/2. I rebuilt the top and bottom end a while ago. Been running real good till the tors started acting up. I disconnected it and it ran fine. Only reason I still have it is to adjust the idle. Then I decided to rebuild the carburetor. It has never been touched. Now I have somewhat of a high rev and I can't adjust my idle down only up. Has to be that stripped carburetor cap.

I have the tors eliminator kit but not sure if I should do it

Put the new TORS cap on and drill/tap the carb for the real idle screw that comes with the TORS kit.