Votes: 6 25.0%
  • pro x

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • WSM Platuim

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • other (post below)

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
Is there a way I can buy a top-end kit with the whole cylinder and everything. I don't have anyone that can bore it out so I want to replace the whole thing. Wiseco says you 'have to bore it out' and I don't want to buy a sh*tty one with paper gaskets. The Yamaha website will only sell to dealers. Wiseco was always the best a hundred years ago when I used to buy pistons. Does anyone know a website where I can buy a full top end rebuild kit so I can avoid boring it out? thanks.

You're killing me boss. Take the cylinder to a local shop and have it measured. Buy the Wiseco piston that they recommend and start riding. If they can't figure it out, send to me and I'll have you up and running faster than a dragger on alcohol.

kenoconnorracing.com

Alcohol is for drinking:),
But he isn't kidding about being fast , by the time I realized my top end made it to his shop, and paid the invoice he had the job done and was waiting on me. I even had extra work done.

If you do nothing else send your head along with your cylinder and get it rechambered, makes a big difference.

I wanted to get some pics, and wish I would have now , but I was probably a little too excited to get it together,as well as on a time crunch.
The UPS man droped it off, I opened the package, and checked everything out as I was leaving to take the babies to the doctor for shots, as soon as we got home I went to go put it together and decided I should take some pics, so I asked my ten year old, who carved up the outside top of my cylinder and helped with exposing the shiny edges of the fins" to go get my tablet.
He came back and said that Gates "my 4yr old borderline autistic son" had my tablet and was not giving it back to him.
I said screw it and 30 mins later. I was running around like a chicken with his head cut off looking for my 10-80 ft/lb torque wrench.

In hindsight I wish I would have found something and took a pic or two for at least my records, as well as for the forum same thing happened with the swingarm extension. I wish I could get my wife to at least take some pics for me. Especially when my hands are full and greasy. I built a custom super stretched rc heli and waited for a month for her to video it while I flew, and even then she shot the vid from the truck through the windshield.

Typical woman , they take your seed get you locked in and suddenly, all the good times and services go out the window.
Now I know why the cave men did it the way they did, club 'em, drag em home, and when u r done with em or they are no longer useful, throw em out the cave, and go drag another home. Then some genius got the bright idea that he should keep the same one for years and years and tears, and years. And they say we have evolved, whatever

I have a nicely ported OEM cyl with a new wiseco piston I would sell. Needs a bore but the piston I have will go with the new bore. Then you could send to kor for a bore and head mod and be smiling from ear to ear when u get it back. :)