Top end rebuild cost

Roycattle

Mar 17, 2013
Battle ground, IN
My son is a new owner of a 2005 blaster. Well he accidentally ran it out of gas and it would not restart. The kick start has very little resistance so I'm assuming it needs a top rebuild. What should I expect in cost to get this done.

About $200 not including shipping. Be sure to "bleed" the oil injection system when you re-fill the oil tank. Its easy to do.You DO NOT just put oil in the tank and "go" after running the tank dry.

Last edited by a moderator:
any respectable mechanic will only charge arround 200 dollars and that includes labor putting it together as well. also I have to ask this question did you put gas and oil in the bike and it still wont start/run or is the top end really blown??

I had to go back and read the original post...
I thought it said that he ran it out of "oil",but it says that his son ran it out of "gas". My mistake.

So does it not have oil injection? Or... Was the oil injection deleted,and you were "Pre-mixing" the fuel/oil? We need to know. This will help answer your question.

Please give us a "heads up".

Right you are Joe, might not need a top end.

To O P is the kicker noticeably easier to kick, will it just not start? Pull the spark plug and tell or show us what you see.