Too much time on my hands!

THH

May 19, 2011
Niles, Michigan
I got the motor tip top, thanks to all the great posts! So I got tired of the beat up broken up chassis the motor was on. 5 days later here I am!

I have another motor I am currently working on. Its a suprise, and its not a blaster motor ;P So now you know why I didnt paint the motor I have currently!!!

Motor is bored stock max, 68mm

34mm flat carb i snatched from a lt250r project I abandoned.

DG full exhaust with repack, I did some research on steel wool packing... Anyone who does this is nuts!!!!

Stripped a 2003 rolling chassis to the steel, repainted. Except for rear axle, want to upgrade to +2 aluminum.

Keeping the stock a-arms, I enjoy the tight cornering since I love scrambling.

Ordered all new Maier black carbonfiber body. (Front to back)
Oh and a new seat cover.

New 14t front and steel 40t rear.

Have pics soon as I get all my stuff!

Wishlist> Blaster and or Banshee hydros front and rear! Anyone can help me with that pm me!!!

My first full blaster build, It feels soooo good!!!

DSCN0749.jpg

DSCN0750.jpg

DSCN0751.jpg

Take that stupid old broken frame!!!
DSCN0752.jpg

Reactions: Triple_B
Question about bars. I picked up a new moose handle bars, and when i mounted them and stood back. I noticed the right side was lower than the left. I took the bars off and measured them and everything was kosher. I beleive my steering stem is bent. Any good way to straighten this out? I dont want to damage it.

nice job so far bro, have some greens...as far as the steering stem, unfortunatly u cant really straighten them once they bend..and they always seem to bend right at the top mount, and trying to straighten it will kink it and the round mount block wont sit right with a kinked up stem inside...ive tried before lol

looks good man.
as for the steering stem, it seems like anyone who wheelies these things quite a bit and hangs on them or if they get flipped hard, your gonna have a bent steering stem. good news is, there is typically someone on here who is parting out a blaster, and unless they are a cheap-ass, they will typically give the steering stem away for pretty cheap. if your handlebars sit a little low for your taste, you can use your old one and a straight new one to make an extended one. there are more than one diy on here for it, but here's mine

http://www.blasterforum.com/custom-fabbing-132/custom-1-5-steering-stem-33374/

oh, do those little maier stickers come off of the fenders? they would get really annoying to me. otherwise, the plastics look good

The stickers are already off! Having trouble locating vinyl kit that I like and a right hand header. Problem is im getting the cutom rear plastic instead of the stock, for reasons maier doesnt do the black carbon on the stock rears. Yamaha YFS200 Blaster Custom Rear Fender | Maier USA Looks like ill have to have someone make custom graphics for me :( Good news is, I will be ordering that gsxr rear hydro kit thursday!!!! Oh b4 I forget I also order the maier black skid plate! Ive been working 12 hours 7 days a week ot and dt!!! My birthday is Aug 7th, I wanna go north and ride for a few days. Hopefully dnr doesnt nab me though. My DG doesnt have a spark arrestor on it, any suggestions on getting around that?