Titles and bill of sale ?

Do you have a bill of sale, title, or nothing for your quad?

• Total voters
the guy i bought ours from lost the title but told me a bill of sale would be sufficiant to get it titled, he lied and wouldn't answer his phone. after few days of fighting with the SOT. they were able to do a backround check to see if it was stolen or not and eventualy got us a title.

the guy i bought mine from was the 2nd owner and jost wrote on a peice of paper 01 blaster and signed it.... my sh*ts prolly stolen since it was hotwired any way..

i went through a fuss to get the ownership from the guy because we forgot to get it from him when we bought it. ended up getting it, but the previous owner didnt register it under his name, so its still registered under guy before him. 2 guys back signed it with no date and no other details so i can probably just use it to register it to me anyway. so im good.

I've got my title, and a bill of sale with all necessary information.

http://www.co.jefferson.tx.us/taxoffice/Forms/BillofSale.pdf

Bookmark or save it to your computer, and next time you buy or sell anything print it out and fill out two copies. If there's any stipulations with the sale just write it in the blank space.

Edit: hmmm I just realized it says Texas in it. Well you get the idea, you foreigners can mark it out or something.

i have gotten registration cards with every machine i had/ have excpet the roller i bought,

in wisconsin all you need is a bill of sale, and the numbers off the registration sticker, or the vin number, dnr has no problem running the info and if its not stolen you get aregistraion card issued to you

I have a title for my original blaster that I bought brand new.I slammed it into a wall and had to get a new frame though.I didn't get a bill of sale or title with it and the other assorted parts I got from him.I than sold my original engine since it was blown.When I got a new one I didn't get a bill of sale or title,got it from ebay.

How to get a title made in Ohio

I had to get a title made for mine before I bought it. In Ohio they are kinda strict about it. The quad must be older than a 97 Because anything after that by law (at least in Ohio) had to come with a title from the dealer.
The seller must go with you to the title office along with the bike. Then they come out and check the VIN and do what they call an out of state title search to verify its not stolen. Then the seller must sign an affidavit saying that he is the rightful owner and has been since before 97. Then you and the seller have to make up a bill of sale with your name the sellers name and a description of the bike and the selling price followed by both of your signatures. Then you get it notarized. After that they take all those papers and make you a title. That's what I had to go through to get mine. May be doing it again soon, I found a blaster on CL for 300 that needs put back together, don't know if it has a title or not. I think I'm going to look at it sat.

Re: How to get a title made in Ohio

I had to get a title made for mine before I bought it. In Ohio they are kinda strict about it. The quad must be older than a 97 Because anything after that by law (at least in Ohio) had to come with a title from the dealer.
The seller must go with you to the title office along with the bike. Then they come out and check the VIN and do what they call an out of state title search to verify its not stolen. Then the seller must sign an affidavit saying that he is the rightful owner and has been since before 97. Then you and the seller have to make up a bill of sale with your name the sellers name and a description of the bike and the selling price followed by both of your signatures. Then you get it notarized. After that they take all those papers and make you a title. That's what I had to go through to get mine. May be doing it again soon, I found a blaster on CL for 300 that needs put back together, don't know if it has a title or not. I think I'm going to look at it sat.
holy sh*t is that ever a pain in the ass eh.

I would not buy a machine without a clear title !

$500 and no title versus look around for another blasty with a title and pay another $500. Racer says eff a title. Racer X is the king of his domain and he doesnt care about titles lol. in Virginia they dont care so much about titles unless its new.