Titan Twingle vintage Suzuki

Jimmer

Jan 16, 2015
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Suzuki made a 500 twin 2-stroke street bike from 1967 to 1977 called a T500, Titan,Cobra,GT500.I am building a motor in the "Twingle" fashion. A twin with single carb, single exhaust,dualfire ignition. I am however maintaining the 180 degree crank, not 360.

you get into some fascinating chit jimmer, keep this thread rolling with updates !

Why choking it down with single carb and pipe ??

Great engine, used one in first drag bikke I built.

Couple odd aspects about it tho, has left and right hand pistons and center crank bearing is oiled by trans oil.

This is a low buck project, so I am recycling as many items as possible from my stash,that and I have always wanted to see how strong I can make a combo like this run. Larry, I want to hear about your dragbike setup. Mods,weight,slick/bar or street tire, et/trap speeds????

Stock frame modified into hardtail, 4" M&H slick, bars made from snomo leaf springs with swival casters for wheels, lol.
Porting specs came from the back of the Clymers Manual and Gorden Jennings. Kept the oil injection because the oil is pumped directly to the outer bearings, I don't think they will live if you try to premix.
Pipes were stock head pipes and cones using Jennings formula.

As to anything else, don't recall ever weighing it, and you're talking late 70s, which I barely survived :p

Leaf spring bars with swivel casters! How perfect! How big of a guy were you(lbs) ? Surely you have a picture! And et slips.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Out of the basement and finally in the garage for final assembly. Missing proper rear struts, battery, shift lever. I have tucked the stray wire in already. It will weigh in at a hefty 326# at the starting line. I will probably run a jumper cable from my car to check wiring and ignition. Test firing coming soon.

Reactions: jus_me and Awk08
Nice !!
I don't recall needing a battery to get spark, might pay to check that out, little weight savings.

Speed is addictive. You will end up with dual pipes and carbs :p

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Ran another bracket race, no changes since last outting. Very torquey combo but maxes out at about 5500 rpm. Pretty fun from a launch and through the gears, but then needs another 2500 rpm. Very consistent though.

Reactions: jus_me
What kinda compression are you at Jimmer ? What size carb?

Dig the bike,,, did you make the tank?

Stock low comression. Yes I made the seat/fuel cell/ tail section out of .080" aluminum sheet. Carb is a TM41mm Mikuni flatslide.