timing key

blastblast2

Aug 27, 2012
talladega. al
I'm thinking about getting a +4 timing but don't know if they are worth it or not and do you have to jet or anything for the advanced timing can someone share some info on this

Dont bother with a timing key, a few strokes with a round file and you can have a variable timing up to +6 or greater.

No need to re jet.

Enlongen the holes in the stator plate by 3mm and you have +4deg advance.

The key is the eaisest way, but you require a flywheel puller in both cases.

A few strokes of around file to enlongate the holes on the stator plate by 3mm is the cheapest.

You have the added advantage of being able to choose which advance setting suits your needs.

Bear in mind the powerband will hit at a lower rev and loose a little in the top of the range as you advance the timing.

May I be so bold as to ask what style of riding you do, and why are you considering the +4 mod?

The key is the eaisest way, but you require a flywheel puller in both cases.

A few strokes of around file to enlongate the holes on the stator plate by 3mm is the cheapest.

You have the added advantage of being able to choose which advance setting suits your needs.

Bear in mind the powerband will hit at a lower rev and loose a little in the top of the range as you advance the timing.
You can always change your powerband;)

You will not get any more power, only what you got will come on sooner.

The next cheapest mod is a rechambered head!

That kind of power would I get from the rechamber 5..10..12 only reason I'm asking is because of my budget I got to make the money worth it lol and do you have to rejet with the rechamber

That kind of power would I get from the rechamber 5..10..12 only reason I'm asking is because of my budget I got to make the money worth it lol and do you have to rejet with the rechamber

Not in the position to quote HP, but your arms will get stretched some.

I don't think jetting will change, but it would be advisable to plug chop to confirm.

Vitos web site has a dyno chart of a 2.5 horse gain for there +4 advance key

Seriously though... Don't believe every "dyno reult" for every after market part you see. These are dependant on the fact that the blaster they are going on is in perfect running condition, and properly jetted for your altitude. Its not a band aid that will cure a poorly running engine.

A re-designed head will do much more. Just a thought.