timing advance

actually it's only offset by a very small amount. it's trig. if you offset it by say 1mm at 10mm from center of rotation (from center to outside diameter of crank), when you get out to (how big is a flywheel? never measured) say 100mm (radius of flywheel) the offset is going to be 10 times larger, b/c the radius is 10 times larger.

actually it's only offset by a very small amount. it's trig. if you offset it by say 1mm at 10mm from center of rotation (from center to outside diameter of crank), when you get out to (how big is a flywheel? never measured) say 100mm (radius of flywheel) the offset is going to be 10 times larger, b/c the radius is 10 times larger.

i was ganna say the same thing!!!

^^lol.. i was gonna do this but i couldnt get my flywheel off and i have the puller. i dont think the puller is used to get the nut off the flywheel just spins. so later ill give it another go. any advise on removing the nut? impact do the trick for sure?

youll need a flywheel holder to take the nut on and off(using just an impact could break the keyway)also make sure you take the washer off behind the nut then the puller should take it right off.To be honest the best bet to adjust timing is to buy an adjustable stator plate,screw up trying to DIY and it can cost you money fast

motion pro sells them for like 20 bux i think,its a clutch and flywheel holder.A must for anyone wanting to mess with there motor

air gun will works fine for me also. zap the nut off and left hand thread the puller in and i beleive u will need a 17mm for both

the diy is easy w/ the right tools. i use the flywheel puller (the tip about the washer is very important) and the flywheel/clutch holder i got from sportingforless.com and an impact driver.
i love my impact driver, that sh*t comes in hand all the time! great for really stuck screws, but i also use sockets on it for bolts and nuts.

all you have to do is take the stator off and grind both screw holes 3mm to the left and waalaa you have +4 advance

honestly this is kinda a redneck mod even tho im running it. the best way to go is just buck up the money and get the adjustable plate or ricky stator has a high out put stator with adjustable plate for 125. its more accurate so you can just look and see..O im at +4 or whatever then your not guessing and when your not guessing you run a lower risk of blowin a hole in your piston, but thats just my 2 cents. BTW the DIY mod is super easy to and does work.

on a scale of 1-10 ...its an 11 ,you will surely need a snapon giant rollaway of specialty tools and an engineering degree ...actually its about as easy as changing your air filter

DAMM!! that must be my problem!, my rollaway is a "MATCO"!!!8-| and my degree is in "Diesel Technology";)

Yea once you get the nut off take the f*cking washer out!!!!:-[8-|

The key simply locates the flywheel on the crank, if you're shearing keys you DIDN'T TIGHTEN THE NUT PROPERLY!!!!, the taper holds the flywheel!

The only real issue I had with my "Ricky Stator" were where I was going to install the additional ground wire they put in it!??

The hardest part is "off'n" and "On'n the fly wheel PROPERLY!

ricky stator stators are junk. the timing plates are ok. i would reccommend buying one. the DIY mod is good if you know what you are doing. and if you dont want a bunch of degress advance.

on a blaster you can cut as much advance as you want into the stator plate.. too much advance isn't good..

not 100% sure about the blaster stators but the ricky stator for banshees are JUNK!!!!!