Timing advance necessary on ported engine?

snowrider

Feb 7, 2011
Clifford, PA
Hey guys I am going to be installing my freshly ported cylinder and modified head from Ken O'Connor this weekend and thought my timing was advanced already because previous owner stated it was, but now that I have the flywheel off I can see that it is stock timing. Should I go ahead and modify the stator plate or will I be ok if I leave it stock for now? Thanks

My timing is advanced 4.5 degrees an my head is milled an chambered an i have never had any detonation issues what so ever
What type of fuel are you running ? ???

You could advance timing with a modified head but I would play it on the safer side and maybe advance only +2 if at all.. Remember the more you advance you may suffer top end performance. What type of riding is you cylinder ported for? The best thing to do would call Your builder.. He is going to know best ;)...

165 psi. KOR head w/ +3 timing advance here, not a worry on sunoco 93 octane

What type of fuel are you running ? ???

You could advance timing with a modified head but I would play it on the safer side and maybe advance only +2 if at all.. Remember the more you advance you may suffer top end performance. What type of riding is you cylinder ported for? The best thing to do would call Your builder.. He is going to know best ;)...
Im running 93 octane fuel, i ride tightwoods in pa, ive never had a problem, an my builder is the one that suggested it,