Time for a blaster repair!

nboldman

Feb 5, 2012
Kentland, Indiana
Will be repairing my blaster tomorrow. i bent a shift shaft last tuesday and my part finally came in today! heres a picture of the new. as soon as i get it tore apart i will take pictures and maybe a video or two.
GOPR0240.jpg

Good luck with the fitting.

If you are able, take a vid on how to do it!

im thinking about setting up the GoPro and doing a time lapse if at all possible. i just hope when i pop open the case i dont find abunch of other things wrong as well! thats been known to happen to me too much!

you dont need to split the cases to replace the shaft do ya? if its bent bad i would just cut it kinda close to the case on the left side and then grind the end smooth so it will slide out the other side like its supposed to.

you dont need to split the cases to replace the shaft do ya? if its bent bad i would just cut it kinda close to the case on the left side and then grind the end smooth so it will slide out the other side like its supposed to.

oops didnt mean cases meant clutch cover. my bad. haha

just have to pull the clutch cover off, not too bad really!

a time lapse would be pretty cool

yeah just pull off the clutch cover. ive never had to do this before so im hopin i dont have to remove the clutch basket!

if tis bent to bad the cases would have to be split had that happen before same with if you bend the clutch shaft rod had a rod break on mine once and lodged it self against the ball but that a different topic...lol im rambling

and the only reason you would need to remove your clutch basket is if you screwed somthn else up had that one happen to lol shattered the gear on the back of the clutch basket not a pretty site right slick?

if tis bent to bad the cases would have to be split had that happen before same with if you bend the clutch shaft rod had a rod break on mine once and lodged it self against the ball but that a different topic...lol im rambling

i dont htink its all that bad. it just wont let me shift. i can tell that its bent though just by looking at it so it may be bad. i dont know though, i guess ill find out tomorrow