Throttle valve size

biglebowski

Jan 20, 2011
correct me if i am wrong, but the throttle valve size determines how big of a bore i can do on my carb. the problem is... i have no idea the size of the stock throttle valve as my carb is together right now and it is really wore out anyway. Anybody know?

you can bore the carb till you go wider than a slide, break through the side. i think stock can go to 28mm but i am not 100%

I recall seeing a 28.5mm stock mikuni carb before but that have been on the very edge too.

If you aren't trying to maintain the stock appearance and don't mind doing a little work, a keihin PWK is a good carburetor to swap to.

for what having your carb bored costs you could get a real good start on a aftermarket that is bigger to start with, your also going to have the option of a much better design of carb, not that anything is wrong with a miki round slide, that's what i upgraded to is a 30mm round slide, a lot of guys run keihin's on here, they must be good, what kind of mods do you have that your only considering a bore on the stocker?

well i am hoping i do not need a rebore and/or new piston. So i am looking for power overall for the price. my carb is just a leaking junker right now, head pipe is cracked, and the head gasket blew out :|. I was told that the pipe is directly related to the head gasket. So my plans (at the minimal) are to port match the jub with the stock bore, get a bigger carb, new pipe, and thinner head gasket. I have the v3's and a k & n on it already. Plan B would be to get a 68mm wiseico with all that jazz.