throttle cover pics

puner77

Oct 19, 2008
here is a before and after pic of my throttle cover. its not done just yet i got to sand it once more and polish the hell outa it. so let me know what you think.

v7qrdk.jpg

91b1xw.jpg

i would use a grinder until you get like 95% of it of and then just sand the rest off

lol i dont wana go to far but i think im guna doo this but like what grit would i use cus i have one sheet of 2000 would that work with some water to get it back smooth after i used somethen hevyer

well i would like he said 95% then sand with 80 then end with 600 thats what i am using and sand like hell with the six it will take a while to hide all the sand marks then grab your dremal and use the little buffer wheel and go to town with mothers polish i should have pics of it down on by tomorrow night

well he it is polished i need to get more sand paper i still got a couple a defects to sand out but it didnt turn out bad

2e3rbzs.jpg

all i do at work is polish and prep aluminum and do various textures. you can use a 50 grit to get the letters off but be careful to keep it even/level when grinding/sanding otherwise you'll catch the sides or other areas and grind them off or create low spots that you will see when you polish it. then if your polishing by hand the fastest and easiest would be 80 grit to get the 50 grit scratches out and any other gouges etc. then go to 120 to get the 80 grit scratches out . then to 240 or similiar .then to 400 then to 600. then your polish lotion or wax to buff it out like a mirror. sounds like alot of steps but if your hand sanding it's much faster and easier because each step is shorter and faster than jumping a huge grade in grit paper. you can buy variety packs of grit paper at most local stores. you don't have to follow the exact grit i posted here because there is so many grades made but you just have to follow the roughly X2 increase in grit sizes.