threadlock?

melonBerry

Jul 10, 2010
va
i have some 1194 three bond for my cases im wondering could i use it for my threads too. or do i have to find some thread lock.

LOctite is a different animal all together. Sealeat is pliable, thread lock is Glue. The sealant may hold the bolt there but not enough to ensure its torque. It can still loosen a Lil bit.

LOctite is a different animal all together. Sealeat is pliable, thread lock is Glue. The sealant may hold the bolt there but not enough to ensure its torque. It can still loosen a Lil bit.

thanks! my uncle said the same. because the bolts are steel and the case aluminum and it could seize up and may crack the case next time i try to take them out.

i tried some 1194 Threebond. the manuel said it would be 1104 threebond. is this different types of sealant or is it the same. look the same just diff number. i wanna get sum loctite idk if they have different kinds or not. do you know a site i can get on and order?

Loctite have different grades.

You need the thread lock type, light blue in colour.

Do not over tighten the bolts, thread lock lubricates the threads and on open holes can fool you that they need tightening up more.

On the other hand, threadlock or oil in blind holes can create pressure under a bolt, fooling a tension wrench that is is down to the correct tension.

On specific places such as head bolts or nuts, no lubrication or thread lock should be used as it fools the tension wrench.

On specific places such as head bolts or nuts, no lubrication or thread lock should be used as it fools the tension wrench.

I feel this is incorrect. All head bolts and nuts should have the threads cleaned and be lubricated to get the correct torque.

I feel this is incorrect. All head bolts and nuts should have the threads cleaned and be lubricated to get the correct torque.

That's a tricky one. On head bolts I clean the threads but never lube. Idk, I guess it's up to he who assembles.

Head bolts should have no lubrication, torque settings are designed with dry holes in mind.

There are many types of lubrication all which experience differing friction properties.

To get the correct tension, fasteners should not be lubricated, unless specified and with what type of lubrication, unless things have changed since I was with automotive section of Technical and Further Education.

Refer to, General Torque Specifications in the manual section 2 page 13.

And interestingly enough at room temperature.

Last edited:
and when i put the outside bolts in do i use the threadlocker cuz i see on the youtube that these guys arent using them when they put the outside screws in but the ones that are for the gear holder and stator they start to put the threadlock on. idk

and when i put the outside bolts in do i use the threadlocker cuz i see on the youtube that these guys arent using them when they put the outside screws in but the ones that are for the gear holder and stator they start to put the threadlock on. idk

Which outside bolts?

the ones for the cases i have sum stainless steel allen screws. the outside screws that connect the cases together.