This normal?

float height, needle # and clip setting ????

float height, needle # and clip setting ????

Float height is set per the manual i dont remember it but did it when i rebuil them.

Stock needles are back in it the toomeys sucked and ken said ditch them and go with the stockers so i did.

The stock needles are in the middle clips.

It is blubbery on the take off still but i just turned the a/f from 1.5 turns to 2 full turns but now its raining so i cant test it out.

Mains are 280's,pilots are 27.5's.

i asked because i went back thru some OLD threads an a guy with a blaster had, what sounded like, the same prob. he was using 75-90w though.
i dont suppose u could get a vid up of it doing it could you? it might help???

Not really bro the weird thing is its not all the time so i never know when it will do it or how to duplicate it.

I rode an hr the other day just trying to replicate the issue couldnt do it.So i went down the road to buddys shut it off sat on the porch 20 mins smoked a cig went to leave and it did it again one time so im lost.

Id love to be able to just duplicate it.

that sucks! im trying to think what the heat of it being warmed up would do... :-/

Tell me about it ive racked my brains and went over this bike everything looks great and specs out.

it is definately irritating its like the clutch slips then as the rpms come up she catches and if you aint holding on it can throw you back its odd.But its not all the time and intermittent.

Its just before the power band which if it is a dead spot as suggested it would be in my pilots settings or jet needles because once youre out of first and in the power band up top this thing is scary fast and runs like a scalded dog and the plugs are dead on and look like cardboard.Ignitions new from stator to coil,cdi the whole nine yds.Only thing i used off the stock ignition was the plastic plugs i fully rebuilt the wiring harness eliminating all the tors and parking brake garbage i dont even have head light wiring yet just the bare essentials to run the engine.

move them clips on the needles one below, then one above middle to see how it reacts

Last edited:
If it only happens every now and again, I would be looking for an intermittent air leak.

Cracked carb boots, equaliser tube leak, warped or ill fitting reed cages.

If it only happens every now and again, I would be looking for an intermittent air leak.

Cracked carb boots, equaliser tube leak, warped or ill fitting reed cages.

Did that all is well.

I even took soapy water while it was running and saturated the engine looking for any bubbles and not one.Ive not leak tested it but im convinced the engine is sealed up.

It doesnt feel engine related in the sense of how its running it really feels like the clutch.

I may pull it if awks suggestion dont change it i already turned the a/f out another 1/2 turn if that dont help ill be leaning the jet needles out a tad and see how it goes.

Richen the needles up first, always make change to fuel on the rich (safe) side first.

As to the soapy water, spraying on a running motor will only show leaks on head, jug base, spark plug and exhaust gaskets.

All other places that are sucking and will not show bubbles, you have to pressurise the crankcase to find vaccuum leaks, by leak down testing.

i just rode it and it seems to feel like the powerband but its just so violent when it comes on it yanks the tires up.

I was able to duplicate it but it almost seems to break up a little before it does it so idk.

i dont think ill be messing with the needles the transition isnt the problem and it doesnt make any strange sounds it just lurches foward and never stops accelerating so im thinking its power band and since first gear is tall and gets the revs up the power band comes on quicker and harder other than than idk how to explain it.

might just be normal. have you ever owned or rode a banshee before? they have a powerband similiar to that of a 125 mx bike. also there is a ton of good banshee tuning info on E2S

Could just be the sweet banshee powerband hitting you in the ass. If its breaking up before it gets into powerband or anytime before powerband it aint jetted correctly.

Could just be the sweet banshee powerband hitting you in the ass. If its breaking up before it gets into powerband or anytime before powerband it aint jetted correctly.

I just ripped up and down the culdasackAbout 20 times and it only does it cold.

This last time it didnt do it at all but it did damn near throw me off it i was going just above idle and stabbed the throttle and it spun the rear tires and when they grabbed the pavement it stood up.

Im either not used to it yet or theres an intermittent problem either way im going to continue to ride it and watch it and see if a problem comes along.Im convinced if the clutch was slipping it wouldnt be grabbing and pulling like a freight train from idle to wide open.

Could just be the shees sweet power band idk i really hope so.

Weird, should do it warm or cold. Many of us could pinpoint your problem with one quick ride. I still suspect jetting is off and i really cant help you cause the only carbs i am good with are keihin.

Weird, should do it warm or cold. Many of us could pinpoint your problem with one quick ride. I still suspect jetting is off and i really cant help you cause the only carbs i am good with are keihin.

So in your opinion wheres my issue lay?

It runs like a top 99.99999999% except this one thing and im baffled bro.

ive read that manual fowards and backwards and cant find anything ive not verified as correct.

Ive also spent a good deal of time on the net and cant seem to pin point an issue similar to mine.

The only thing i notice when it does this is it seems a little blubbery when it breaks up and the breaking up is very lightly.The only thing ive not done yet is move the jet needles which is next on the to do list but i didnt want to make multiple changes at once and be even more lost trouble shooting this.

Im open to any more suggestions you guys may have.

These banshees are awesome but damn theyre like an old lady on the rag and very tempermental lol!