This must be good

to be honest, as a bike, they were not super fast, they had great acceleration but not a lot of top speed.

if i remember right, that one was a 421 motor, and it is stuffed in a yz frame. i cant find any info about it anymore. it may not even be the same bike since its been so long since i've seen it, but i think it is

I'm unsure of what to think about that... I don't think I like the pipes on the bottom of the frame.

The rz's were the predessor of the banshee. The motors are e identical with different gearing and power valves. I came across one in the early 90's, just the engine. We put it in a warrior frame we had, couldn't get it to move due to the gearing, we would of needed a 90 toothed rear sprocket just to get it to move due to the small tire diameter on the atv chassis in comparison to the street bike frame. The RD was the same bottom end except with air cooling instead of water. The rd and rz could be made faster on top with a typical sprocket change. I've ridden both, and due to my height, neither of those street bikes were for me. I could see putting it into that yz frame to accomadate a taller rider as both were very cramped and designed for the track

We put it in a warrior frame we had, couldn't get it to move due to the gearing, we would of needed a 90 toothed rear sprocket just to get it to move due to the small tire diameter on the atv chassis in comparison to the street bike frame.

i dont see how having a smaller diameter tire would make it hard to move. to me that would make it easier.

the rz350 gear ratios
primary 66/23 (2.869)
secondary 40/17 (2.352)
1st 36/14 (2.571)
2nd 32/18 (1.778)
3rd 29/22 (1.318)
4th 26/24 (1.083)
5th 25/26 (0.962)
6th 24/27 (0.888)

banshee gear ratios
primary 66/23 (2.869)
secondary 42/13 (3.320)
1st 32/13 (2.869)
2nd 29/16 (1.812)
3rd 27/18 (1.500)
4th 25/20 (1.250)
5th 23/22 (1.045)
6th 21/24 (0.875)

if you just swap a 13/44 on the rz motor, the rz would have the following final ratio for each gear
1st 24.975
2nd 17.266
3rd 12.803
4th 10.522
5th 9.339
6th 8.6332

the banshee is a final ratio for each gear of 9.271
stock 14 front
1st 22.821 24.407
2nd 16.804 17.971
3rd 13.906 14.873
4th 11.509 12.394
5th 9.625 10.366
6th 8.056 8.676

so really a rz motor with a 13/44 sprocket is a little different than a banshee with a 14/42.
so dont see where you logic is.
and having a smaller tire means you need a smaller rear sprocket, larger tire means bigger rear sprocket.

Have you personally ever done a swap such as this?
I see where you at on paper, I don't claim to be any super mechanical
Genius capable of crunching numbers such as you are,
At the time, I was 20 years old and knew a 1/100 th of what I do now.
I don't care what the numbers say, that bike would not roll easily.
Had to rev the snot outa it and feather the clutch, just to get it to move,
Forget about it on sand. We never changed out any sprockets, it was an older
Friend who said we would need the monster rear sprocket. In hindsight, a 11 tooth counter would have got the job done.
Keep in mind this, 25 years ago, we had no google to find out what ratios were in each trans.
What, we had to actually take he trannys apart and count the teeth
On the gears and do the best we could.
You are growing up in a much different world then I did, we didnt have google, to research something fast,
and copy and paste it to try to make someone look bad.
we had to actually go to a library and look stuff up in these things called books.
would have to read every copy of dirt wheels we could get our hands on,
or go to the dealer and annoy the techs to the point they hated us, just to get
all that info you googled up.

not saying that is a bad thing, technology is fantastic, just please dont try to baffle me with your brillance.

Last edited:
your problem wasnt gear ratio, you had another problem.
because i know the rz swap has been done into the banshee many times without problems.
i seen people will take the rz bottom end for asphault drag racing because the gear ratio is better for them.

i been trying to find an rz motor for a good price to do this swap. but it would be easier for me to just do a 421 PV cub.

myuser, the video started out super gay, the whole flashing of supermoto madness got annoying, then it was shots of shirtless guys. but once the blonde hottie showed up at :40, i got great. talk about skill. also at like 2:30 when the dude did a stoppie, was the during a race to show rub it in that he was in front, if so, he is my hero.

i know it does start out gay lol, but the point is that just because you dont understand it, dont bash it. because i guarantee the guy who owns that bike can whoop 99% of our asses at riding. imo, supermoto racers are about the best of the best. you guys couldnt back it into a turn at 70mph and keep it sideways, sometimes on one wheel

i am not sure about the greatest riders, because different type of racing take different skills, but those mofo can sure ride. would love to go watch a supermoto race.