Thinking about getting new pipe

smallz33

Apr 26, 2010
Either the fmf fatty with turbine core 2 silencer or the dg extreme.. Only reason I'm interested in these pipes they come with silencers. Is there any special jetting I should do to my carb for wither one? If so can someone help me out. .And or does anyone have a pipe silencer combo they would be interested in selling?

if ur gong with on of the to go with the fmf everyone says dg like stock but chrome and im not to sure on the jeting ud have to jet it and do some plug chops but if u got the extra money go with a little bit of a better exhaust like a toomey or f7 or a dyno port those are just a couple but its all in what kinda riding you do tho but its ur choose hope i helped a little

i would go with a fmf pipe if you have a stock engine, they work pretty good there. i got a fmf fatty pipe and silencer ill let go for real cheap if ya want it pm me

So if I get the fmf fatty exhaust and my elavation is 948 ft (289 m) any body have an idea of what size jet I should use?

i think alotta guys with that pipe and an airfilter/no lid are running around 270, at your elevation that should be good, but get a couple bigger and smaller, start big, work your way down, doing plug chops at each, and dont run it lean, search for, read, re-read and learn to do the "plug chops"

ya i rather foul some plugs then do yet another engine rebuild.. But ill prolly get one of them plugs that wont foul just in case i do run it a little rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I got the fmf fatty since I came acroos a GREAT deal on it .. Thanks matt for that. But if I was going to shove extra money out was probably going to get the toomey B1 ... But I just put the fmf on last night I broke 3 12 mm sockets in doing this stupid generic sockets lol .. Then I rejetted it to day with a 270 main. Think it matters that I have no exhaust gasket/ I used some gasket maker figured it work just as well until I feal like or need to go get a gasket for it. .I dont think my stock pipe had a gasket on it either lol.. It sounds ridiculous better though. Havent really got to ride but from what I read 270 main should be perfect.It seems like it revs good throttle response no bogging

twoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

maybe just one more.. I feal liek an a hole for doing this but i need to post in them sections

ya u have to be a supporting member with 30 post if i remember right it dont cost any thing realy and its worth it to give back to the sight and u can post in the wanted or for sale sec.s

Well I got the fmf fatty since I came acroos a GREAT deal on it .. Thanks matt for that. But if I was going to shove extra money out was probably going to get the toomey B1 ... But I just put the fmf on last night I broke 3 12 mm sockets in doing this stupid generic sockets lol .. Then I rejetted it to day with a 270 main. Think it matters that I have no exhaust gasket/ I used some gasket maker figured it work just as well until I feal like or need to go get a gasket for it. .I dont think my stock pipe had a gasket on it either lol.. It sounds ridiculous better though. Havent really got to ride but from what I read 270 main should be perfect.It seems like it revs good throttle response no bogging

Hey no problem man, i'd rather see it get used then sit in my garage and rot lol, enjoy it!