thinking about buying a blaster and have ?'s

z95lt1

Feb 25, 2013
St. Louis, Mo
So im in the market for a 4 wheeler always liked the blaster but not sure if its going to be fast enough for me. im about 200lbs and this will be the 1st bike i have owned in a long time. i have concerned a warrior or banshee or even a suzuki ltz 400. I will be riding with guys that have honda 300ex and a suzuki ltz400 and just need to make sure i can keep up with them. Also what are some cheap mods that can be done to the blaster to give it more power if its not enough for me or how about some do's and dont's would help out alot.

Thanks
James

if your going to be trail riding yes itll keep up fine, and itll pull you. as for mods an exhaust system re-jet it, a good set of reeds(there are lots to choose from), reed spacer, good high flow air filter, and you can change sprockets if thats not enough, and blasters are very fun and if taken care of and maintaned reliable as well. and you may want to consider widening it a little if your tall, itll give you a little better sense of control over it you can find wheel spacers and stuff along that line on ebay. any other ques just ask.

Welcome to the DIRT PILE !!
Good questions !! Timing plate mod=Free, advances timing +4*. Good air filter+jetting, remove lid >$50max. Head mod >$50(?) Good Pipe, not so cheap :eek:, after that money is the real limit. Depending on how and where you ride might be best to go for a low/mid set-up.

looking for a cheap mod and alot of power going with a port and polish youll be holding on tight and keeping up with them .. blasters a good trail quad

if your going to be trail riding yes itll keep up fine, and itll pull you. as for mods an exhaust system re-jet it, a good set of reeds(there are lots to choose from), reed spacer, good high flow air filter, and you can change sprockets if thats not enough, and blasters are very fun and if taken care of and maintaned reliable as well. and you may want to consider widening it a little if your tall, itll give you a little better sense of control over it you can find wheel spacers and stuff along that line on ebay. any other ques just ask.

Thanks for the reply. Maybe just one more question. Will it keep up with the Suzuki ltz 400 in a open field race? i will be riding with the Suzuki more then the 300ex and i know this guy is going to fell the need to line them up and go all out.

Thanks for the reply. Maybe just one more question. Will it keep up with the Suzuki ltz 400 in a open field race? i will be riding with the Suzuki more then the 300ex and i know this guy is going to fell the need to line them up and go all out.

I don't think your going to hang with the LTZ 400 without a lot of motor work.