These good for winter riding/trails?

TheSchreibs

Jul 23, 2013
Merrill, Wi
my current tires are no match for snow and the fronts leak like crazy. the rims are nice chrome itps but my bud wants to sell me these for 300 and he barely used them, but the question is that i think he used them on his yfz, will these work with my blaster bolt pattern? idk havnt researched it but heres some pics

no you will need banshee hubs to run those. they don't fit a blaster. and if you buy those id be interested in the front wheels/tires lol
also yes those paddles would be good in the snow but the fronts would slide around to much

hm dang dont really wana bolt up banshee hubs either, i wish the rear was an 8 inch so i could just take the tires off and sell the rims then. well hes sellin them right now to anyone else on fb for 350 and would cost a bit to ship to you haha

lol yea youd be better off buying them new haha, but thanks anyways, thought id check it out since it seems like a great deal, need something for winter!

Don't let the bolt pattern change your mind. You can get banshee hubs for less than 50 bucks and swap them out easily. The fronts will mount up, just have to swap rear hubs. Wish that deal was around me.

Don't let the bolt pattern change your mind. You can get banshee hubs for less than 50 bucks and swap them out easily. The fronts will mount up, just have to swap rear hubs. Wish that deal was around me.

so fronts dont matter they will anyways? and yea rears would be easy to just do. hm that changes everything b/c i would have to get new fronts anyways either way and the rims would look nice and they are light...hmmm

so fronts dont matter they will anyways? and yea rears would be easy to just do. hm that changes everything b/c i would have to get new fronts anyways either way and the rims would look nice and they are light...hmmm

Very easy swap. I would do it if I were you.

And yes the fronts will bolt up with no changes.

Here are some cheap ones. Throw some paint on them and bolt them on.

Yamaha Raptor 660 700 YFZ450 Banshee Rear Hubs | eBay

Last edited by a moderator:
yea what i meant is winter trail riding, and where are there sand dunes round WI anyways? lmao and ok maybe ill think about it in a few months when i get my money saved up and sh*t done thats needed first

yea what i meant is winter trail riding, and where are there sand dunes round WI anyways? lmao and ok maybe ill think about it in a few months when i get my money saved up and sh*t done thats needed first

I don't know what your winter riding looks like but I have a similar set of sand paddles and I won't run them here. I've been thinking about picking a set of these up for winter (they will work for sand too), if your snow isn't too deep you can probably rock some mud tires.

Here is my opinion. (Leave me to be the negative one....) Those are ITP SS Alloys as you probably know. They are known to break and crack relatively easily, especially in rocky terrain. They are 10" rears which will be a PITA to find decent tires for and they will ride like a hay wagon. Those paddles will take a lot of power to spin and when you do get that power that you need you will just dig ruts with them. Best tire I have found to trail ride with in the winter here is ol' Pure Sport Realtors turned backwards with about 1.5 PSI in them.

So what I'm getting here is those rims are chinsy, tires are big for my setup right now. And I looked at those 4snows and it said that it expands while revs or w/e and they are 22s, aren't those gonna rub?

Also do they make those realtors in 8s? My rear rim is 8 and my fronts are 10, what would you rec for the front then, with those realtors? Lots of great reviews on them with snow

Last edited:
So just to freshen this up, I just found a set of 20-11-8 of these exact tires I but pictures up on chrome Itp rims that I already run which is perfect! Both are brand new and can get em for 100$ maybe cheaper bc I did the guy a favor a while ago! Good deal? Would still only be runnin that set winter only