There Has To Be A Way

can you help me start a petiton to the president for legal quads on the highway

• can you help me (would be greatly appreacaited mabey even a rep point)

Votes: 41 74.5%
  • you dont think you can help

Votes: 14 25.5%

• Total voters
yeah like dude before me said. you would have to have brake lights and turn signals and stuff like that.

What do you need?

Better yet, Where do we sign?
Who cares if we gotta mod the bikes to make them street legal?
Heck, it'd be worth it..
Especially with these gas prices going up, I wouldn't mind driving my blaster on the road.I:I

Besides so what if they have 4 wheels?
Isn't it still classified as a powersport vehicle because of the engine displacement and weight?
Then why are quads legal in some states like Arizona?
All they have are D.O.T tires and lights.

my blaster already has an brake light high low beams put a battery on it singal light maybe a horn then it should be able to ride on the road mabye u have to widen it a couple of inches and get some road tires

SOON the cost of fines associated with this will be cheaper than filling a tank, for some it might already be...

ya other than the fact is, you are just now going into 9th grade. No1 is gonna take you seriously. Considering you dont even have a license yet. Its a good idea but its just gonna blow up in ur face. im not trying to be a downer, im just stating my opinion

I don't know where you are trying to go with this but I don't see anyone ever signing anything into place were quads will be able to ride on main highways. BUT... I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be allowed to ride on secondary roads.

What do you need?

Better yet, Where do we sign?
Who cares if we gotta mod the bikes to make them street legal?
Heck, it'd be worth it..
Especially with these gas prices going up, I wouldn't mind driving my blaster on the road.I:I

Besides so what if they have 4 wheels?
Isn't it still classified as a powersport vehicle because of the engine displacement and weight?
Then why are quads legal in some states like Arizona?
All they have are D.O.T tires and lights.

it doesnt matter about the displacement, it is still classified as a car if there are 2 rear wheels, thats why that raptor that someone made street legal had to have 1 rear wheel.

i actually did a research paper on this topic for school and i got a 94 on it. i could put it on here for you to use if you'd like. i found out that there are units that use atvs to catch speeders and ride around town to give out parking tickets and such.

yea
i would like to use hey man do u have aim so we can discuss this and possibly make changes on your paper

who can put this in letter format for me i have some suggestions to put in the letter there fuel effeicent, easy to maintain, handles pretty well under any circumstances

Don't forget the emissions. You'll speed up global warming by a huge amount.

I prefer getting hit head on in a car than at 80MPH in any type of all terrain vehicle.

Just my 2cents.

you just gotta move out to the middle of nowhere both my raptor and blaster are street legal on every road except the freeway where i live, just a mirror and a lighted license plate and your good to go, no windshield, no turn signals, don't even need DOT tires, i live in a town of probably 35,000 people theres more atvs and scooters on the road than cars

the only "dirtbikes" that are street legal are enduros. you'd have to have pretty much everything a street motorcycle has in the way of signal markers front and back, brake lights, special license endorsement, DOT approved tires, lighted license plate, horn, yada yada. then you'd have to convince them that there aren't any stability issues. good luck convincing conservatives of that, especially after the the wonderful reputation 3-wheelers left behind for ATV's. being that alot of ATV's are about as stable on pavement as nitroglycerine, there is a certain logic behind that. alot of the other hurdles i've read mentioned, emissions and whatnot could be walked around easily with mods in much the same way as street motorcycles and enduros. i'd expect insurance to run about the same as a crotch rocket. however, you have to remember that it's hard enough convincing state parks to allow ATV's (even though almost every one has horse trails and i've yet to see a horse trail that doesn't look torn up), much less allowing them to be licensed and driven as everyday vehicles.

bottom line, i'd be for it. hell i'd buy another large displacement quad just to put DOT approved tires and all the other things i'd need to be street legal. i just don't see if coming to fruition. i'd sign the petition without hesitation, but i wouldn't go hunting the DOT approved tires until it was passed into law.

good luck.

legality of quads are not federal. they are state controlled.

in tennessee, to make a motorcycle legal you must have
1. headlight with dim and bright settings
2. metal gas can
3. dot tires
4. left mirror
5. tail light
6. brake light
7. front and rear blinkers
8. horn
9. license plate
10. must be above 250cc for highway (freeway/interstate) usage.
11. a letter from the Manufacturer stating ... FOR ON ROAD USE

even if you take a dirtbike and do ALL those things, you'll never get a dmv license. simply because the mso does not say for road use.

so... you will have to petition every state. all 50.
every state is different. quads are not illegal because the president says so. it's because your state says so.

oh, and btw... our president has no control over road laws...

i think the letter should say that new quads are economy friendly, and have very low air pollution rates, and also they are very fuel effiecent, and a safe or safer than a motorcycle, but als that if it were to becom legal that you would have to get a license to frive on and take a course like with a motor cycle , likw a quad drivers ed or sumthin, try to steer away from saying much about 2 stroke sthough if u send a letter beacause if he signs it and doesnt say that we cant ride 2 strokes on the road that would be great