The Tavern - Your Chatter Feed

I just picked up a nice used pro circuit pipe for my blaster hybrid. It has a few small dents that will come out without a problem. Only thing I don't get is how heavy it is. Don't remember pro circuit pipes having a lot of weight. My fmf I don't believe was this heavy. I'm thinking something is inside of it. a ton of carbon build up maybe. Anyone have any thoughts?

That's interesting.. It could be carbon caked on like thick goo ??.. Whats it look like when you look in it??

I finally got the electric starter working on my Beater Bayou. After tracing circuits, I found I had a bad secondary relay switch, and the starter motor itself was weak. I put the new parts on today, and no more pull starting!!

Look out Deer!!!!!

Reactions: bansheedave
Anyone have a good way to remove carbon from their pipes? I have heating and burning the carbon out. Putting something in and agitating it. Chemicals. Just want to know the best way possible.

is it a chrome pipe? are you worried about the finish? I have seen pple do a few different things and not one looked better than the other but if you were to do a few things you can probably getr it fairley clean,, Here is a vid of an idea I thought might work ok.. and of course you can burn it out, it will smoke like a coal train though. if you have a radiator shop near by they could dip it for ya in there cleaning tank. Or this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0032LVYXQ/?tag=jyj356j5-20

This one is pretty neat :eek:

Anyone have a good way to remove carbon from their pipes? I have heating and burning the carbon out. Putting something in and agitating it. Chemicals. Just want to know the best way possible.

seafoam is supposed to be formulated to remove carbon deposits in engines, might work in your pipe ?
i'd cap the ends, agitate it every few hours and let it sit overnight

Reactions: speedyslyder
ive usednon flammable brake cleaner before
carb cleaner is strong though
harley might cook it in his oven for you lol,i know it getting worn out jk:D
ive heard story of people throwin them in there fire pits

Reactions: Awk08
The lt230 is going away next week. Can't wait to get the space back. Picked up some more floor tools and need the space.