The Tavern - Your Chatter Feed

I just started selling stuff on ebay. Cleaning house so to speak. What's really beginning to puss me off is people not leaving feedback the day the package arrives. If they happy are with it, why not not leave feed back. Just takes that much longer to get my money. Pisses me off. End of rant

I just started selling stuff on ebay. Cleaning house so to speak. What's really beginning to puss me off is people not leaving feedback the day the package arrives. If they happy are with it, why not not leave feed back. Just takes that much longer to get my money. Pisses me off. End of rant
I have sold 3 things through ebay. 2 of which didnt want to go through ebay
1 ripped me off...
the other i havent heard from yet, but they should get the package friday

the nice thing about through paypal is that you just throw the tracking # on and you get your money...

According to ebay, I have sold 189 items, and recieved feedback for 132. Seems like it less than that. Most the time it seems I get feedback for about half the items, but then sometimes I get feedback for things a month even 2 months later. What pisses me off is no seller protection. If somebody buys something, they can file not as described and you have to give a refund, or get penalized. I don't know how it works to fight it, its only happened to me on a couple cheap things, so I just gave a refund. Also sucks when people give you bad feedback because they are idiots and don't read the description!

That's why I added more photos than I think was needed. Just to cover my butt if they didn't read the description.

They don't always look at the pics either. I sold some computer speakers and a lamp that had scratches, took pictures of the scratches, and stated in the description they had scratches. Both buyers said they had more scratches than described

Out of over 1,000 items I have sold on E bay I have feeback for maybe 30% . I forget what the amount is but after so many sales you don't have to wait for feedback in order to get paid. As soon as the item is paid for the $$ is available. I think it was in the 150 item range ?. Also after a certain amount of sales once the item is delivered they will release the $ . otherwise if they don't leave feedback it can take up to 30 days. It is really set up fpr buyers and not sellers.

The worst thing about E bay that someone posted above and I agree with is there is really no seller protection. Specifically if you sell something that is large and costs a good amount to ship. all the seller has to do is say item was not as described and you "the seller" are responsible for the return shipping and the complete refund for the item. Then you are losing $. that's why I try not to sell larger items that are expensive to ship.

I forget what the amount is but after so many sales you don't have to wait for feedback in order to get paid.
It was like 90 days when I started, but I've heard they've been changing and even limiting how many items you can list/sell when you start.

say anybody live in/around deals gap north carolina.....mainly by the "tail of the dragon" road section.....

could use a huge favor..

i stay local with craiglsist cash in hand or you dont get it
and no one comes back:)
anytime you sell summin you useally lose money/depending on what you are doing:)
i can sell a ketchup popsicle to a women wearing white gloves:eek:
tell you the truth i dont deal with e-bay.....maybe it is my in experience with it,but hey i do have other things to do with my life:).....I sell they call/cash in hand or c you next tuesaday.
im sure there is a lot of perks with e-bay but for me in my opinion i paid more then the asking price sooooo f themo_O

I have hundreds of items listed at times and then they made me pay a monthly fee to open a store or said I couldn't list that much. F'd up part is when u open a store you can list hundreds of items with no listing fee yet I still get charged listing fees on certain items.. Then they even have a cap on my store and if I want to sell more I have to pay more. They are ridiculous anymore.

I along with a few other sellers had an issue with a someone buying items and threatening to leave bad feedback unless they were refunded or a partial refund. We all brought attn to e bay and they did nothing about it. This was the only negative feedback I had ever received and the funny thing was the guy messaged me before the item was even delivered and said it was defective.

All in all e buy is a buyers market and not for sellers. the sellers take all the risk while e bay just raked in all the $$$ with no risk..

Reactions: speedyslyder
if person cant drive to my house then f them. How much time money frustration is it worth to me?
am i actually making a profit?
just my opinion im not a e-bay seller so little knowledge on that?
YES make some money back on your investment...that you no longer need but f the bullcrap
all in all we paid more then selling price:)

I have a question for everyone out there and there feelings about a certain situation. It is about my sons school and how when they did the pledge of allegiance. Yesterday instead of the normal pledge of allegiance which I am sure 99% of us know and most likely recited it thousands of times . The school decided to do one Arabic instead. Two of my boys go to this school and were very disappointed when they got home. They told me what happened and I have to say I was a bit upset with the situation as well.

It has now made local and national news about the subject and how the students stood up and demanded it not be done again and how disrespected they felt. I am posting link to for a short description on what went on. The school is Pine Bush New York, info can be found on all types of news areas from MTV to MSN and FOX.. Or just look up Pine Bush N.Y

I am just interested to see how others feel about this..

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015...h-fury-after-school-recites-pledge-in-arabic/

I have a question for everyone out there and there feelings about a certain situation. It is about my sons school and how when they did the pledge of allegiance. Yesterday instead of the normal pledge of allegiance which I am sure 99% of us know and most likely recited it thousands of times . The school decided to do one Arabic instead. Two of my boys go to this school and were very disappointed when they got home. They told me what happened and I have to say I was a bit upset with the situation as well.

It has now made local and national news about the subject and how the students stood up and demanded it not be done again and how disrespected they felt. I am posting link to for a short description on what went on. The school is Pine Bush New York, info can be found on all types of news areas from MTV to MSN and FOX.. Or just look up Pine Bush N.Y

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015...h-fury-after-school-recites-pledge-in-arabic/
my feelings are like this, if you can't do it right without hurting the feelings of other nationalities, tough sh*t. you don't like the American traditions and what they stand for, get out of our country. I will not bend over backwards to please someone that doesn't like what I believe in. and don't push your crap down my throat and tell me its good for me. I am a proud American, I know the pledge and I fly the American flag.

Reactions: dirtysquared
Well put Dave. Way I look at it, my ancestors came here speaking foreign languages, and Learned ENGLISH. They also Learned OUR PLEDGE. I too am sick of this feel back for the illegials, or the people who commited an act of war on american soil back in 2001. If you don't like it, go back to your cave, hump goats, and kiss my ass!!

Merica!!

say anybody live in/around deals gap north carolina.....mainly by the "tail of the dragon" road section.....

could use a huge favor..
I'm about 2 hours from there, only been through there once about 12 years ago

Thats ridiculous. People trying so hard to be politically correct and not offend people, that they offend other people. This world is getting too crazy with all this crap, we're all people, do your thing and try to be a good person and if somebody don't like it oh well, just don't push your agendas on other people. The whole race crap lately has been making me mad too. I have never been racist, but all the drama is just stupid, I'm not even gonna get started on that

that's bs we are in America it should be in English only period,i should not have to press 1 for English.Its getting bad when I work every day and cant afford health insurance,but if I jumped the fence id get it free.My kids cant pray or have a bible in school.If they where muslim they could have a Koran and a prayer rug.Any more its f American working people and give it all to the illegals/muslims so sad and wrong

It really is sad, everything is setup to f the white man these days, and again I stress I am not racist, its just the way things are. We have to take it in @ so that other people don't feel offended. We're all supposed to be equal, not they get something special cause they are different, they don't wanna be treated different remember, either way I see it its racism. Racism is just drama, it will never end because somebody always has to say something. And btw when I say racism, I don't mean black n white, I mean all races. Anyway I;m not gonna blab about it on here, I'm gonna shut up and go finish fixing my washing machine now

As a father of students in this school, I will say that I am proud that they stood up and protested this situation and had something done about it. In the big picture of things, these are our children and in time it will be there country and that they will be running things one way or another. It is a good feeling to know that even at a young age they see what is going on and will take action when needed. My youngest even said. "the pledge says Liberty and justice for all " "Isnt that enough" now they want to change our pledge. Whats next the flag" ???