The blaster powered kx80

nice. but isnt the "subframe" the part on the rear with the smaller diameter tubing?
Well yes, but I call the front part the subframe too.... bad habit :(
i think you should rename this the "holly sh*t" build...reason for it::

When its complete and you fired it up and pin the throttle ur gonna be screamin "holllyyyyy shiiittttttttttt!!!!!!!"

I think your right :D

hahaha exactly what i was looking for! i just picked up a kx100 with a screwed up engine and i was trying to think of what i can do to make it completely badass

hahaha exactly what i was looking for! i just picked up a kx100 with a screwed up engine and i was trying to think of what i can do to make it completely badass
Thanks man.

Yo can always do a kx500 swap!! hahaha

kx500.jpg

The swing arm needs ground down for the sprokets to line up, and for the frame I'll make a custom sub frame. And the pipes going to be hell, I don't see how mine can work because half the pipe is in the way of my forks! I think I'm going to need a dyno port or power pros for it to work. I also have a problem with the carb, it fits, but the shock res is in the way of the filter.

I'll have more up later.

can you flip the shock around so the ressi is on the other side

can you flip the shock around so the ressi is on the other side

Yes I can, now the problem is its in the way of the pipe. go figure hahaha. It wont be too hard to make it work though.
anymore progress?
Nope I've got the tubing now I just need to bend it and weld it in. I'm thinking about adding an 1 1/2" to the top of the frame too, that should fix some of my problems with the pipe buy putting the forks forward, and that will also keep the mass more centralized = helps keep the front end down.

wow looking good bro, keep us posted. this is an interesting build. my son has a kx60 so this is really interesting to me. i think when you done and tested everything maybe it'll be something to try

Cool project, but I'm thinking it may be disappointing maybe? Is that Blaster motor stock or modded? I'm thinking a stock Blaster motor lilkely doesn't make a ton more power than that 80. I know the stock 125's were up over 30hp so the 80's likely are close to 20, which is where a stock Blaster is. More torque likely, but insanely faster? Likely not. Still cool though.

Cool project, but I'm thinking it may be disappointing maybe? Is that Blaster motor stock or modded? I'm thinking a stock Blaster motor lilkely doesn't make a ton more power than that 80. I know the stock 125's were up over 30hp so the 80's likely are close to 20, which is where a stock Blaster is. More torque likely, but insanely faster? Likely not. Still cool though.
Yeah your probobly right, a stock 80 makes around 27, my blaster only has a few bolt ons so it probobly makes around the mid 20's. This is just for fun I have no plans on making it a daily trail runner its just gonna be a play bike, I do have plans for the engine though you'll just have to watch and find out ;)