The 800$ 2006 Blaster SE

Cr250R

May 28, 2014
Long Island
Ok so I got a kid ridden 2006 Blaster from a kid in upstate ny and it was stick to the bone. Besides neglect of maintenance the engine was good flipped it upside down checked the frame out good all was well and rust was minimal surface at best on anything.
So I bring it downstate:

Ok plastics hanging off it missing bolts , air filter shot , missing the brake light and the handlebars were so Damn low I could drive it with my knees. Compression test was good no leaks and started on first kick that was good. The not so good was the chain I'm guessing is the original chain stretched to all hell and both rollers were destroyed. Front sprocket and rear looked original starting to wear. Brakes were excellent and I never had a newer model and I love the hydraulic rear it's nice as my CR.

Obviously none of this was acceptable so a little money had to be spent.
1. 400 ex shock with Ken OC bushings
2. Fresh air filter
3. Free Itp Holeshots 10"
4. Douglas 190 10x8 rear rims
5. Primary drive x ring chain
6. 12T Steel front 40T steel rear sprockets
7. Axle bearings and seals for the he'll of it

All my goodies should arrive by the 3rd excited to make this blaster move. Oh and of course I removed the airbox lid. Next up is a good used set of pipes if I can find them, fmf is my style and depending on how the new rim tire setup widens the rear some tusk spacers. You can still flip the front rims on the 06 right? If so I will be doing that also.

2i28to8.jpg

Last edited:
Great Blaster for $800. Sounds like a great list of mods. Don't forget the leak test and upping the main jet for the new pipe and no lid.

Flipping the fronts will depend on your valve stems, they may need to be relocated to the other side of the rim.

Reactions: Cr250R
Great Blaster for $800. Sounds like a great list o mods. Don't forget the leak test and upping the main jet for the new pipe and no lid.

Flipping the fronts will depend on your valve stems, they may need to be relocated to the other side of the rim.

Thanks thats why i asked. When it comes to jetting i will do that once i actually get the pipes. Jettings fairly easy 30ft above sea level. Going to send out a spare head to be milled for pump gas with this setup. in the future.

Give the carb a good cleaning. Check float level and make sure the right jetting is in there.. since it still has stock pipe im sure it is but once you remove the lid might have to bump the main up a size or two.. once you get the fmf on there it will run much better..12 tooth front should make you a wheelie machine..

Reactions: Cr250R
Need some help... I took the axle out after having to remove the bearings... Took 4 hours... Does the axle split in half? I put the bearings in also but it does not seem there is room for the rubber pieces also. Some please help me out... Axle is out of bike but I assume it comes apart in 2 pieces to get it back in ?

no... do you see a seam on the axle? if you do it must be broken

II had made another thread and everyone helped me a ton. It took 8 hours to remove EVERYTHING. Wanted say I got some goodies in the mail today I will put on Monday when my seals arrive.

Oconner brushing kit with bolt
New take off 400ex shock
Tusk wheel hub spacers for rear
10" rims rear
12t sprocket steel and 40 rear steel
Uni filter
New chain rollers
PD x ring chain

So Monday night I'm hoping I'll have some good stuff to share.

Last edited:
Not sure if a 300ex shock has been used on blasters before. You mean 400ex?

I'm sorry I'm so tired I ment a 400 ex shock yes. As for the 12t front I just always had it that way since I was a kid used to the gears that way it's not as fast in the top speed but boy it gets there fast . Shifting while sliding

I never spend money i dont have, except when i wanted my quad.

And when i rebuilt it.

And when i added stuff this winter.

And yeh, pretty much all the time lol.

Its funny how you get after having one of these. Mod Bug at its finest...

I never spend money i dont have, except when i wanted my quad.

And when i rebuilt it.

And when i added stuff this winter.

And yeh, pretty much all the time lol.

Its funny how you get after having one of these. Mod Bug at its finest...
i dont have credits cards. i save and buy when i can in between bills...lol