Thanks Brute71!!!

NOVIS

Apr 22, 2009
little hick town in Ontario, Canada
i just received my new triple rate works shocks from brute71. havent ridden on them yet, but they definitly feel awsome. much softer, dont bottom out, and much better and faster rebound. my old shock never came up all the way. sagged like 2" with no weight, these come almost all the way back up. i think i might need to tighten the preload a bit if its not already maxed out, anyone got any good sping compressing strategies? only bad thing was i had to pay 80 bucks for brokerage fees or something or they wouldnt drop them off. oh well tho. i would rather have new shocks then some paper laying around.

heres a pic of them on the shee, and the mach z shocks on the blaster.
2czofnl.jpg

and a close up
4ljzuc.jpg

Dual Rate
A dual rate shock is what you will find on most stock high end modern sport ATVs. This means the shock is designed to have a more plush resistance at the top, or first part of the compression and a more stiff resistance at the bottom of the compression stroke. This means the smaller bumps will remain soft, while the large bumps will compress the shock and spring farther and reach that second, stiffer rate. This will allow the shocks to feel plush while still not bottoming out on big hits.
Triple Rate
A triple rate shock is one step more sophisticated than a dual rate. Instead of just having the two rates (plush on top, stiff on bottom) the triple rate fills the gap in the middle with yet another level of resistance. So a triple rate has a plush feeling at the top, a slightly stiffer feeling in the middle and an even stiffer progression as it reaches the bottom of its compression. This allows the shock setup to be precise, as it spreads the gap of compression across the entire length of the shock. It allows a plush and gap free feeling all the way through and the rider experiences few harsh hits on the track or trail.

went for a little ride, mostly roads but i went thru a small trail thru a forest and i couldnt go that fast cuz its narrow and its realy slippery out right now. like 2 inches of wet snow on an unfrozen ground. but thers some big roots and holes and i purposely hit them and they got soaked right up into the shocks. barley felt them. spring is gonna be fun I:I

lol you're welcome. Sucks about the fee's tho, i havent had to pay any myself for stuff i've gotten from canada :S

Those shocks ride nice, they arent maxed out for preload. Kinda kickin myself for getting rid of them since they were the perfect length for the front of my snowmobile XD

lol you're welcome. Sucks about the fee's tho, i havent had to pay any myself for stuff i've gotten from canada :S

Those shocks ride nice, they arent maxed out for preload. Kinda kickin myself for getting rid of them since they were the perfect length for the front of my snowmobile XD

the fees u are talking about is likely our dumb as crap 13% sales tax. this is why u mark it as a gift when shipping to us, it shouldt effect canada-us, just us-canada

i know this thread is kinda dead. but i finally got a chance to really test the shocks out. i went over to a riding spot that i havent gone to in a while and theres a small set of 8 or 9 moguls about the same size i usually ride at another spot, maybe a bit deeper. but wow these shocks made such a difference, i could just fly over them and really not feel anything and not worry about hittin one and flyin over the bars. they also stopped the back end from kicking up at my ass. ive been adjusting my rear shock also so maybe thats why the back end didnt kick up, but idk. all i gotta say is there fantastic I:I