TC421 LQ build

Oct 8, 2011
nova scotia
TC421 DT200 mx Blaster build

well im back, been out of the game for abit dealin with life an working on other projects. still been hard on the blasters tho I:I

been Building a 240/+3mill blaster on the side for the old man over the last little while should get some pics up of it, but thats another build.

I am building a DT200 LQ blaster, i want to use the powervalve this time so ill be rewiring the bike with a battery like how the dt200 was. may do alittle port work aswell rechamber one of our heads but the stock dt200 setup is pretty good. be running a fmf fatty but may have to use a dg silencer cuz its all i have:eek:

the chassis is a 2003 but ive already robbed the disc brakes from it so it willl be drums I:I. we will be extending a stock swingarm+3 aswell ill be using +4 wheelspacers. my plan is to be something CHEAP but effective, im going light weight as much as possible an simple as i can get it. a nice cheap mx built blaster.

ill try to take as many pics aas i can to keep you up to date. heres a link to an old thread i had from one of my earlier builds.

http://www.blasterforum.com/full-rebuilds-128/dt-parts-blaster-build-46409/

Last edited:
pulled the chassis into the shop. pretty rough looking but nothen to major

1374655_10153356776505442_272878796_n_zpse23b3c1c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

the build begins, i stripped down to the frame an sandblasted. planning for a really bright blue colour for the chassis, with black aarms and eather white or black plastics.

one thing i know for sure before painting is i wanted to remove everything from the frame that isnt going to be used. such as the oil injection mounts i also ended up cuting out the mount that the intake hangs from by the carb. aswell the rectangular doted tube welded to the frame that the oil line runs thru.

well frames painted, going with the mx theme i used a metallic like blue paint. aswell going with the cheap route its spray bomb I:I turned out pretty good tho.

as you can see some of the parts are coming off of an old bike from before.....

i had an old dg bumper sitting around so it wil go on.

to stick with the cheap/mx build im going to be using +4 wheel spacers aswell modding up a +3in steering stem and +3 swingarm to give the bike a better feel. if i can get a ltz rear shock i will but prob just gonna keep all stock shocks on the bike

wiring the blaster with the complete dt200 wiring harness is going to be the hardest part. i want the powervalve to work and without a wiring diagram its not going to be easy (impossible to find a 1984 to 87 dt200 anything) but my harness is coming directly off of a 86 dt200 that ran mint so it shouldnt be too bad.

only thing for a power adder this beast is going to get is a fmf fatty pipe, i have one i got in a bucket-o-parts from deals before. the dt200 setup bone stock on a blaster is pretty darn powerful even without the powervalve. i may recut a new head for it in time tho, use a different chamber shape