T.O.R.S.

joelshas

Mar 15, 2009
I need to remove the TORS on my blaster but the pics are gone from the howto. Can anyone do up another how to?

I was hoping for the same thing. I want to remove mine cause its acting up but the pics don't work. If anyone could upload them again or do another one that would be a huge help.

Yeah that would be huge help. I can't figure it out without some pics. I *was* thinking all i needed to do was unplug the TORS at the carb and jump the two wires together... prolly not the right thing.

Okay here are what connectors to unplug for 2002 and before. The first 2 pics are under the hood. All you have to do is unplug. The third pic I would unplug on the carb just so it wouldnt short if connected, but not needed. you can trace these connectors and cut any wires linking. I just left mine, but did rip out the wire leading to the throttle.

Unplug this which runs to tors brain, you can toss that also if you like.
CIMG0202.jpg

This runs to the throttle switch. Unplug or completely remove the wire leading to the thumb throttle.
CIMG0203.jpg

This is the other end of the tors to the carb. Not needed to unhook but I would to prevent possibly a short.
CIMG0204.jpg

Reactions: BlasterJim5
That heavy lump of stuff on the carb top plays no purpose other than idle adjust when you disable it. By removing it the boot wont be under so much strain.

If you remove it you need to install an idle kit in the carb , which includes an idle screw.

You need a hand or bench drill and a tap wrench, and a little mechanical knowledge.

Last edited: