swingarm swap, caliper wont fit. help

mayor west

Nov 21, 2010
i have 2 blasters, 1 is a 2000 with standard swingarm, the other is an 05 with a leager swingarm. ive swapped the swingarms around and now the calipers wont bolt up on either bike. i was going to make up a bracket but thought i'd ask on here first incase there is something off the shelf that can be bought.

the easy solution would be to swap the calipers but as im sure you wil know 1 bike has hydros and the other doesnt

then swap the pegs and rear brake setup too. just need to add a bracket for the master cylinder.

dont realy want to do that, if im making a bracket it may as well be for the caliper mount

why wouldn't you want to upgrade the brake too?

to each their own, but if i was putting a round house swinger on that took a hydro brake, i wouldn't be putting inferior hardware on it

why wouldn't you want to upgrade the brake too?

to each their own, but if i was putting a round house swinger on that took a hydro brake, i wouldn't be putting inferior hardware on it

the 05 is getting sold on so dont want to take too much away that it should have as standard, i know what you mean though, a brake upgrade for the 00 would make sense but i'll upgrade it with a gsxr caliper at a later date, just need to get the 05 ready to sell asap.

ok so then how are you going to mount up the cable for the brake on the new frame? and vise versa on the hydro master cylinder on a old frame??? :-/ :-/

i'll think about that when i come to it. lol. just want to get the caliper mounted first.

thanks for the help people:)