Swingarm ears where to get

twitchit72

Mar 28, 2011
Atlanta
Any ideas on where to get swingarm ears? I saw fraggle had some for sale. Tried to contact him once. This is my first blaster and trying to fab a +4 swinger. That's why I joined this forum. Any help on where to buy the ears would save me a ton of work laying out and cutting them with the plasma.

Any ideas on where to get swingarm ears? I saw fraggle had some for sale. Tried to contact him once. This is my first blaster and trying to fab a +4 swinger. That's why I joined this forum. Any help on where to buy the ears would save me a ton of work laying out and cutting them with the plasma.

Yea, I tried to get some from him as well but I dont think he comes around much. I decided to make roundhouse instead, it was a better way anyways.As a matter fact i have 1 extra set of pivot tubes and 1 extra roundhouse carrier houseing if your interested in makeing a roundhouse.

No opposed to making a round carrier swingarm do I have to change the carrier? You'll have to forgive my ignorance, jj&a? Is that short for their name? Like I said I'm a new blaster owner. I'm a jeep guy and don't know allot about the world of atvs yet.

Ok thanks. Saw all the components but no ears. Seems round carrier is way to go. Now how to convert. There is probably a thread on it.

yeh, it appears they dont sell them, u could always cut some off a stock swinger, or get some mapped and CMC'd

but to convert to a roundhouse, u need a round house carrieer to start, i am sure there are some somewhere, i think phragle has a thread in the DIY, may be stickied

mmajay already said he has the roundhouse carrier and housing for making a swingarm. I've actually seen both of the components he has and they are tip top shape.

Roundhouse is the way to go if you can outlay that kind of cash.

Most people who are going to use the "ear" style cut stock ears out of a regular swingarm and use them. Just buy the rectangular (or whatever shape you want) tubing and weld it between the ears and pivot tubes from a stock swinger. It's not the way to make one "all new" but it works.

Actually roundhouse is way better for chain adjustment and really dont cost much more than the normal blaster set up. JJ&A have great deals on the carriers at 100 bux all the time. It costs 55 bux for the houseing and pivot tubes and a few bux for the pinch bolts. Building a roundhouse carrier complete will run about 250 bux give or take. If you have fab skills i would go roundhouse. I do have some components in the for sale section i have not sold yet if anyone wants them.

probably going to cut off old ears. trying to do this on the cheap. definitely going to jja to get the pivot tubes. good recommendation!