swingarm argument

lovelady602

May 7, 2014
Arguing with my brother over a swingarm extension I am fixing to mod out the blaster and wake it up do we need an extension for the new power or not we are going to port it new exhaust still debating on that to we have had some long island ice tea in this debate to so any help would be good we want to get every little bit of monster out of it thanks

i've got a bbk and porting and a pipe stock gearing and 22 inch tires on the back and i'm 330 lbs and i'm looking to get a +3 or +4 swinger to help out climbing steep hills mine will wheelie 1-3 pretty much on demand quite fun once your used to it but up a steep hill it can be abit tricky (tree roots suck thats all i'm sayin)

Reactions: lovelady602
As I stated in another post, it all depends on where and how you ride and the riders weight and agility.

If you are going to run flat track there is little to be gained with anything over 2".

Up hill and terrain with good traction then longer can be an advantage.

Goin with a +2 swing arm now I am looking for exhaust for low to mid any suggestions I will be porting the motor after the summer is over thanks for the help

Do you have the tools for it?

EDIT: I'm steering this off topic. We already have a porting thread going if you want to post over there. It could use a few questions/ideas to keep it going.

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/porting-101.58962/

My theories on the swingarm are that you need just enough to keep you from flipping over in your normal riding habitat. The largest hill that we have is just enough to make us have to hit it going pretty fast and scoot forward on the seat a bit.

However, if you plan on doing some extensive power mods to it, the ability to break the tires loose will keep the front end down. My dad's Banshee picks up much more quickly than mine and I've got probably 10-12 hp on him. The only time mine picks up is in 3rd for a bit.

My wife's Blaster is the same way. I did a quick/halfass port job with a pipe and filter and it gave it that perfect range where it can pick the front tires up but doesn't until you tell it to.

Last edited:
Get it done like this forearm stretcher!

Take notice of the perfect 60:30 degree crosshatching.

image.jpg
image.jpg

KOR!

First time DIY porting very rarely produces the expected results. Unless you're a diehard DIY enthusiast or plan on getting into porting for an extended period of time, it's best to send them off. Personally, I've never had a KOR setup, but I've heard tons of great stuff about his work except for those on BansheeHQ. Those guys are choking on the BHQ sponsors and give KOR slack because he doesn't sponsor them. I don't blame him, I wouldn't either.