Suzuki DS80

Longview

Mar 16, 2012
Attleboro, Massachusetts
www.facebook.com
My little brothers turned ten this year, and all his friends already have bikes. So when they're out riding hes stuck at home. So lately I've been trying to find a cheapish 2-Stroke.

I have a DS80 up for grabs near me, and this is the first time I've even heard about these. I've been doing a little reading.

But does anyone have any personal experience with these machines? Are parts easy to get ?

Yeah there Pretty easy to find , Pretty decent beginner bike . Has he rode anything before ? If not no big deal as I believe they have a Throttle Adjusting screw for beginners ! But does he have good balance and Can Ride a Bicycle Well ?

Yeah there Pretty easy to find , Pretty decent beginner bike . Has he rode anything before ? If not no big deal as I believe they have a Throttle Adjusting screw for beginners ! But does he have good balance and Can Ride a Bicycle Well ?

He hasn't rode anything yet. But hes a bigger boy height and weight wise. And he has pretty sense of balance and control, I'd put him on like a YZ 85, but i feel like the power band would throw him.

I was hoping the power band on the DS 80 was less powerful.

My brother loves his Pw 80! Heck i even think its a fun little bike! Ive heard of DS 80 but never researched them.

I had an 89. I feel they are better than PW80 because DS80 came with lights and I admit I have no experience with a PW80 I used to ride my cousins PW50 (I had a much faster Honda Z50R lol) If the 80 is the same auto transmissoion as the 50 then DS no doubt. Mine was reliable and decently quick. And only weighed like 124 pounds

I just picked 2 ds 80s up fir 300$. Yeh they need work but with a fresh bore ill have a good bike and anothrr for parts. I live these bikes. Good power for the size but not to much to scare beginners. Can't get a much better beater bike.

I had one years ago. It wasn't a bad bike but I had to replace the sator and some other ignition components. IIRC the parts weren't manufactured/ in stock any more (this was circa 2000) and were quite expensive to source from the web. Just something to look in to, especially if you are getting a project bike.