Suzuki 500cc 2 stroke

The 500 engine is a tall son of a biotch. You will have a fun time getting it to fit in a Blaster frame. You will also have a very tough time finding someone to make an exhaust pipe for it. I tried finding this picture on quadracerhq of a lt250 engine next to the 500 engine. The 500 is dwarfs it. Why not find a yz490 engine?

anything is possible but it will take time, money, and lots of ingenuity (sp). The exhaust is going to be byfar the most challenging part of the swap. Took me three or four times to get a good working exhuast.

Yep, sounds like the engine is just too tall. I have an extra frame just laying around that I am looking to mod for a big engine. I'll keep my eyes open for the yz 490 or yz 400

There is a guy on here that is building a CR500 Blaster really nice workhe is doing also. But he hasnt updated in a long time.

i know a bunch of guys with lt500s in lt250 frames an it takes a good amount of work to fit it in them and they are tight fitting, but still more than the tiny blaster frame, your better off leaving the blaster motor in there or a 250r motor:D

Yep, sounds like the engine is just too tall. I have an extra frame just laying around that I am looking to mod for a big engine. I'll keep my eyes open for the yz 490 or yz 400

We have a YZ 490 air cooled bike sitting in the junkyard, I think that motor would be an easier fit, dimensionally I think they are alot closer & no water cooling to contend with.

We have a YZ 490 air cooled bike sitting in the junkyard, I think that motor would be an easier fit, dimensionally I think they are alot closer & no water cooling to contend with.

and its not in a blaster why??
scratchhead.gif