Suggestions on rebuilding my 2002 Yamaha Blaster!!!???

YamahaTony

Sep 4, 2014
So I took the head off my blaster and the piston moves around a little bit in the jug and is all banged up. is it all just unbolt kind of stuff? Plan on buying the piston and bringing the old and new piston along with the jug to a shop to have the jug bored

bring the parts to shop..then if they bore it ,then buy the piston.
you dont know what size you need so i would not buy a piston till it is bored first,measured:)

Make sure to get new circlips for the piston, they are not reuseable! Check for any play in the connecting rod. If there are any gouges in the cylinder, or the piston is broken, the cases should be split and cleaned and install new bearings and seals

And make sure to stuff bottom end with a "clean" rag or something so if the circlip falls it dont end up in the bottom end.. If it does fall in there,,, Grab a few beers and have fun playing operation. As far as the bore and hone bring or send it to a reputable shop. While you are waiting for work to be done order up some gaskets, Oem or Cometic I recommend. Get some Yamabond or alike for the intake (they like to leak) a torque wrench, and of course build or buy a leak down tester if you do not have one already.

so i should measure my cylinder then buy the next size bigger size piston, rings, gaskets, etc, then bring them to the shop? and yes. theres gona be plenty of beer involved

If the cylinder isn't scored too bad you can go .25 mm bigger, if it's heavy gouging then get .5 mm bigger

Its better for the shop to measure it to check for out-of-round and taper (as blaaster said), unless you have access to a bore gauge