Stupid 4stroke electric F#*@!

2_Smoked

Feb 10, 2010
Klamath Falls, OR
www.myspace.com
So the starter relay went out on my warrior. We used to have to beat on it to get it to start so I ordered a new one and got this.There are 2 male ends from the plug then as you can see there are 4 in the relay.

STARTER SOLENOID RELAY YAMAHA WARRIOR YFM 350 02-04: eBay Motors (item 220615938142 end time Jul-02-10 10:21:56 PDT)

When I pulled it apart I realized its more like this

Starter Solenoid Relay Yamaha WARRIOR 350 YFM350 NEW: eBay Motors (item 280525484915 end time Jul-23-10 21:06:58 PDT)

But then I found this

YAMAHA STARTER SOLENOID RELAY WOLVERINE RAPTOR WARRIOR: eBay Motors (item 330445155119 end time Jul-21-10 11:45:52 PDT)

Then I thought maybe I didnt get the wrong part and I just need some of those wire adapter things. i know that this is the wrong place to ask this but does anyone here have knowledge of this electric. im pretty sure its common problem, that relay going out that is. and also, anyone know what the "b" and the "m" stand for on the first relay? dont beat me up too bad for asking on a 2-stroke forum but you guys rock and have the mad fab skeelz I:I

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really just a vent though. I'm just aggravated, the blaster is down I want to ride this weekend. For christs sakes i can just touch the wires that go into the leads on the relay and it fires right up, my girl wont be very hyped on that though lol

the two big nut brass terminals if shorted should start the starter motor, the other terminals will kick the switch over to make the connection. did it make at least a click noise when hittting the starter switch? if yes then it may be good.

if it clicked then there could be a slight bbreak or cut in the wire and it doesnt have enough juice to actually make the soleniod work...is there a wire goin directy to the battery from the soleniod???io had this problem on one of my quads...drove me crazy cause i over looked the small things...

the two big nut brass terminals if shorted should start the starter motor, the other terminals will kick the switch over to make the connection. did it make at least a click noise when hittting the starter switch? if yes then it may be good.

If I get the switch to start it backwards will it fry anything?

I would think the B side goes the the Battery and the M side goes to the starter Motor.

If the one you need looks like the second pic, a relay for a riding lawn mower should work just fine.
STARTER SOLENOID RELAY SWITCH MURRAY SNAPPER ARIENS: eBay Motors (item 220613631815 end time Jun-28-10 06:21:48 PDT)

thanks man, but i would still have to cut that plug and figure which goes where on the starter switch.

this could be the problem that i'm having on my raptor 80. your bike will start if you push start it right?

Yes, it will. and it will start if i touch the wires together that go into the relay

Last edited by a moderator:
if it clicked then there could be a slight bbreak or cut in the wire and it doesnt have enough juice to actually make the soleniod work...is there a wire goin directy to the battery from the soleniod???io had this problem on one of my quads...drove me crazy cause i over looked the small things...

yes, there were small breaks in the wires in the original one