STUCK IN REVERSE

B

BLASTERMIKE

HELLOW,I AM NEW TO THIS SIGHT AND THE ATV SPORT.I'M TRYING TO GET THIS YAMAHA 2002 BLASTER TO RUN GOOD AND SO ON.IT HAS BEEN SITTING IN A GARAGE FOR A WHILE.I FINLY GOT IT STARTED BY DISCONECTING THE TORS.ITS STILL TAKES A LOT OF KICKING TO START THOUGH.IT HAS FRESH GAS,REBUILT AND CLEAN CARB.WHAT ELSE COULD I CHECK?ALSO I CAN FIGURE OUT WHY IT WANTS TO ONLY GO IN REVERSE.I THOUGHT IT DIDN'T HAVE A REVERSE.IS THERE SOMTHING BROKE?OR IS THERE SOMTHING I,M MISSING HERE?PLEASE HELP.:"> THANKS

i think to get it out of the reverse type deal, you wana put it in nuetral, and roll it forward(bike has to be running). Bceause i heard you put a two stroke in reverse by starting the motor up and keeping it running while putting it in nuetral and rolling it backwards, so i assume you do the opposite to get it out of the reverse.

and you jetting sounds off for why it wont start, to much air not enough gas.

I JUST TRIED TO START IT AND DO WHAT YOU SAID BUT THAT DIDN'T WORK .I EVEN TRIED SHUTTING IT OFF AND ROLLING IT FORWARD IN 1ST TO SEE IF THAT WOULD DO ANYTHING.

I DON'T HAVE AN AIR FILTER ON IT RIGHT NOW.I ORDERED A NEW ONE THOUGH.THE OLD ONE JUST FELL APART.COULD THIS A EFECT THE AIR AND FUEL MIX,AND CAUSE HARD STARTS?

yes it could. did you have it in nuetral and roll it forward when it was started?

YES,I TRIED ROLLING IN FORWARD WHILE IT WAS RUNNING AND IT WAS IN NUETRAL .DIDN'T SEEM TO DO ANYTHING DIFFERENT.DOES YOUR ATV HAVE REVERSE?

what year is that blaster? i have had 5 blasters ranging from 88-06 and have never seen one with reverse! take us a pick, would love to see!

u can get a 2 stroke to fire and run backwards blaster never had a reverse..if it has a reverse it isnt a blaster lol try going down a hill and bumpin it into 2nd gear is only thing i would know to do either that or u dont have a blaster lol

ITS A 2002 YAMAHA BLASTER.WHEN I START IT AND PUT IT IN ANY GEAR IT WANTS TO GO BACKWARDS.THIS ATV WAS ONE OF MY BUDDIES AND HE GAVE IT TO ME TO FIX.I SPOKE WITH HIM TODAY AND HE SAID IT DIDN'T HAVE REVERSE.ITS BIN SITTING A WHILE AND NEEDS A TUNE UP.ALOT OF THINGS NEED TO BE CHECKED .BUT THE ONE THING THAT HAS ME STUPPED IS THAT IT WONT GO FORWARD.SOMETHING COULD BE JAMED BUT IT DOES'NT MAKE EVEN A WEIRD NOISE WHEN IN GEAR AND LETTING OUT THE CLUTCH.I BELEIVE THERE IS NO REVERSE ON THIS ATV BUT THE QUESTION IS WHY DOES IT ONLY GO BACKWARDS.I WILL LOVE TO HEAR ANY ADVICE ON WHAT COULD CAUSE THIS PROBLEM. AND NO I HAVN'T SEEN THIS BIKE GO BACKWARDS. THANKS MIKE.

I WILL TRY THAT.IT IS A BLASTER.I TOOK THE VIN# AND THE ENGINE NUMBERS TO A YAMHA DEALER TO BUY A NEW FILTER AND NEEDLE VALVLE ASSEMBLY.DID YOU SAY THINK THE ENGINE COULD BE RUNNIG BACKWARDS?

REVERSE ONLY

what year is that blaster? i have had 5 blasters ranging from 88-06 and have never seen one with reverse! take us a pick, would love to see!

2002 YAMAHA BLASTER.I'VE NEVER SEEN IT GO BACKWARDS OR FORWARDS .IT WAS MY BUDDIES ATV AND ITS WAS JUST SIITING IN HIS GARAGE FOR A WHILE.ITS RUNNING BUT NOT SO GOOD.MY MAIN CONCERN IS WHAT COULD CAUSE THIS AND HOW DO I FIX IT.ASK AROUND AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND ANYTHING OUT =))

no need to ask around. if its a blaster it doesnt have reverse. u start it up pull clutch kick shifter down and what happens??

no need to ask around. if its a blaster it doesnt have reverse. u start it up pull clutch kick shifter down and what happens??

IT GOES FORWARD.I SPOKE WITH SOMBODY ELSE AND THEY HAD THOUGHT THAT THE ENGINE IS RUNNING BACKWARDS.YAMAHA DEALER SAID THE WIRES COULD BE CROSSED COMMING OUT OF THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ENGINE.IT WASN'T THAT.

your timing is out this happened to me before. take your magneto off and check the key. it may have wedged itself out 180degrees or so.